Food Plots Feeling better

southernhunter

I thought all hope had been lost with my early food plots due to the September drought. We have received a lot of rain in the last couple weeks and I finally got a chance to check on some plots and hunt a few . They are coming along real nice the deer are using them more than I expected considering the acorn crop we have. 5:30 Sunday afternoon I had the second largest buck I have ever had in front of me while in a stand. He was mowing down one of my smaller plots . It was a last ditch effort of ryegrass , wheat , oats , grain rye . Green beans and radishes. Needless to say but I made a bad judgement call and shot 6 inches over his back. I guess that's why they call it buck fever . Regardless I am glad to see all of my hard work and money working .

BSK

southernhunter said:
Regardless I am glad to see all of my hard work and money working .

Watching deer--especially a nice buck--eating the crops you worked so hard to grow for them is a true joy.

BSK

This is one my favorite trail-cam pics of all time. It was even used as the lead-in photograph for an article in Quality Whitetails:

southernhunter

Love the pic. My wife said to me this year she couldn't figure out if I like to hunt or work / manage the land the most. To be honest hunting is just the byproduct for me.

RedDawg

BSK, I like that picture as well. This is a similar one I got this year on a small clover field on my place. Hope these boys are around when black power season opens!

MFDC2693.jpg

Latest posts