Feeders

backroads

I've been using Moultrie the past couple years and it works good. The battery that came with it does not last as long as the one I picked up at Tractor Supply. The racoons learned how to climb the legs and so I added 4" pvc pipe hanging from a chain. That worked up until this past summer and the racoons learned how to manipulate climbing it as well. Then I just moved it to it's current location in this picture. I'm going to move it in the next week or two away from the tree again.

And then there are pictures of trespassers pushing on it to see how much corn is in it. I figure if they were serious about stealing it they would push it over and emptied it.

It has identifiable holes on it now where the racoons chewed holes in the lid edge trying to get in it. I did put duct tape over the holes to keep the rain out. So if it did get stolen it would be easy to identify.

ROUGH COUNTRY HUNTER

backroads":2xuc7n9r said:
I've been using Moultrie the past couple years and it works good. The battery that came with it does not last as long as the one I picked up at Tractor Supply. The racoons learned how to climb the legs and so I added 4" pvc pipe hanging from a chain. That worked up until this past summer and the racoons learned how to manipulate climbing it as well. Then I just moved it to it's current location in this picture. I'm going to move it in the next week or two away from the tree again.

And then there are pictures of trespassers pushing on it to see how much corn is in it. I figure if they were serious about stealing it they would push it over and emptied it.

It has identifiable holes on it now where the racoons chewed holes in the lid edge trying to get in it. I did put duct tape over the holes to keep the rain out. So if it did get stolen it would be easy to identify.
I would of never imagined a raccoon climbing the legs.they will damage anything

Hunter 257W

I've got two, one of which I think is a Moultrie?? It's at least 12 or 15 years old and is a timed(1st & last light) type broadcast feeder. I also have one that throws corn in one long line. It has a paddle wheel type arrangement that flings corn through a slot.

I haven't used either in probably 7 or 8 years though. The last corn feeding I did was 2010 I think and that was with several homemade PVC pipe feeders. A 6 inch piece of PVC painted flat black with a 90 degree then 45 degree elbow does the trick and isn't so likely to be stolen.

Latest posts