Feeders

landman

Have spent the past few days looking at land I'll soon have on the market, sure a lot of feeders out there...

New owner even asked me about them, these had stands real close to them and all in TN

cecil30-30

Doesn't surprise me..So many people bait it ain't funny.I run year round and run some rural back roads,and you wouldn't believe the corn bags that are in the ditch line during the fall months.

mathews338

the local co-op here in jackson co. sales the heck out of it all year long and since it is a small town everybody knows just about everybody and most of the people doing the buying don't have animals but they deer hunt alot so it's not hard to figure out what's going on. i'm sure they don't hunt over it though, lol!

deerhunter10

they might as well legalize it all kinds of people do it. its not going to hurt anything. (but I forgot if you bait you cant hunt) according to some people on here food plots is baiting to. so I guess they should be illegal also.

cecil30-30

If I see people buying deer corn during deer season at walmart,I make a smart remark about it being illegal pretty loud to my wife,so as the person buying it can hear it..I don't care who you are,if your buying corn for deer and feeding it to them during deer season,than 9 times out of 10,your hunting over it also.I don't care what you say,that goes for folks on here too..

I've seen folks on here post trail cam pics of nice bucks during deer season that are eating corn from a feeder or a pile of it,and then they say, "oh well im not hunting that area" BS flag on that one,i don't believe it for one minuet..

landman

Well it will change on these tracts, lots of land
and it's all leased out for hunting, which will end
with new owner. Going to be some crying and
Screaming, even on this site, but it will all be
on the market for sale. Many have been hunting
it for years, but now they will have a chance to
buy a tract size many can afford

timberjack86

cecil30-30 said:
If I see people buying deer corn during deer season at walmart,I make a smart remark about it being illegal pretty loud to my wife,so as the person buying it can hear it..I don't care who you are,if your buying corn for deer and feeding it to them during deer season,than 9 times out of 10,your hunting over it also.I don't care what you say,that goes for folks on here too..

I've seen folks on here post trail cam pics of nice bucks during deer season that are eating corn from a feeder or a pile of it,and then they say, "oh well im not hunting that area" BS flag on that one,i don't believe it for one minuet..
I buy it all the time. It wouldnt bother me a bit. I feed my chickens with it.

Mike Belt

I buy it for a deer feeder 40 yards from my back door. Over the past 5 years I've spent well over $1000 on corn and haven't spent not 1 minute hunting within 60 miles of it.

A

Anonymous

I would be willing 2 say that some of the deer kill pics u see on here were shot over corn

Good time Charlie

cecil30-30 said:
Doesn't surprise me..So many people bait it ain't funny.I run year round and run some rural back roads,and you wouldn't believe the corn bags that are in the ditch line during the fall months.

I can tell by the way you talk you are a road hunter

(See everybody has an opinion)

Travis13

How about someone that feeds protein all year? Should they be penalized over someone who hunts over a clover plot? Not taking either side, just want to hear what you think

dh1984

i just got done putting some legs back on my new barrel feeder i built. But i got one problem i bought a new feeder motor with timer and all from dicks in maryville. well lets put it this way it wasn't all in the box the timer was gone and now i have to figure out how to find a other one.

but everything else is ready to go for the spring and summer. I'm going to be feeding whole corn and protein meal all spring and summer. but i can't do anything until i find a other timer unit tho.

Shed Hunter

lol Cecil.. I had trail cams over corn during bow season this year. Did I hunt them? No, absolutely not. I do, however, agree most people aren't putting the corn to a legal use. I'm in high school and have several friends that hunt. Sadly MOST of them tell me they bait, road hunt, kill over the limit, etc. The worst part is I'm sure there uncle Bubba and all the other ignorant rednecks in their families do it too.

Bayou Buck

dh1984 said:
I'm going to be feeding whole corn and protein meal all spring and summer. but i can't do anything until i find a other timer unit tho.

I wouldnt feed too much corn during the summer with the warm temperatures.