Federal Grand slam

Rakkin6

Not sure if you are shooting a 12 or 20. But for a twelve go with about a .665 constriction and a .555 for a 20 gauge. Now I am an Indian Creek fan so I would say go.with that but I would maybe look at a Carlson's extended choke.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
I was going to try them but never found anything but 2 3/4" in stock anywhere. And that was nearly 2 years ago. Stocked up on Winchester XX instead when I had the chance.

Rakkin6

Just not sure what you want to spend on a choke that's why I said Carlson's. But you can't go wrong with an Indian Creek IMO. Going to spend about $30.00 more than a Carlson's but they shoot everything good from Longboard XR to Mag Blend to TSS. And I prefer ported chokes personally.

deerfever

I have patterned them out of different 20 gauge guns and they did alright, definitely kill a gobbler at 35 yards out of the guns I shot them in. I shoot a Carlson 575 out of every gun I got but the Savage 301T. All I shoot is 20 gauge and one 410. Never hunted with them as Federal TSS and Winchester longbeards patterned better.

Rakkin6

I have patterned them out of different 20 gauge guns and they did alright, definitely kill a gobbler at 35 yards out of the guns I shot them in. I shoot a Carlson 575 out of every gun I got but the Savage 301T. All I shoot is 20 gauge and one 410. Never hunted with them as Federal TSS and Winchester longbeards patterned better.
Got you makes sense to me.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
Just not sure what you want to spend on a choke that's why I said Carlson's. But you can't go wrong with an Indian Creek IMO. Going to spend about $30.00 more than a Carlson's but they shoot everything good from Longboard XR to Mag Blend to TSS. And I prefer ported chokes personally.

I have the Indian Creek .665—only reason I got that instead of the .675 or .670 (which is better for shot sizes larger than #6 out of an Invector+ barrel) is because I cashed in a Bass Pro gift card, and they only had 1 constriction. But it patterns beautifully beyond 25 yards.

Latest posts