Favorite hunting gear???

Great White Stalker

I was curious what gear other deer hunters really apprecciated. So take the time and brag on a piece of hunting equipment you enjoy or can't live without. Thanks.

Mr.Bro

I have several i dont think i could do without.

1.The single cam bow.Started with doubles back in the 60s.Went to the single cam,then back to doubles when i purchased my first BowTech.Never had the accuracy with a double and went back to a single 3 years ago.Lov em.

2.Axis arrows.Small diameter not to light,make for complete pass throughs on my last 5 bucks.

3.Muzzy broadheads.Tried all kinds of mechanicals and very seldomed had a pass through.I like 2 holes in my bucks!

4.Headlamp!At first i thought they were a gimick till i tried one.Always have two in my backpack.

5.Leather gloves.Dont go anywhere without them.

6.Muck Boots!nuff said.

Great White Stalker

@BMan. Yeah it's mesh. Nothing to it really. Just seems to keep the mosquitos from biting me. That's not to say they don't still buzz in my ear every once in a while. I just don't get eat up with it on.

Great White Stalker

@Mr. Bro: I always have 2 headlamps with me also. I also love muzzy broadheads but I'm seriously debating on trying the rage broadheads. I have lost a few deer in the last 4-5 years with the muzzy. Not to say that it was they're fault. I really like my arrow flight with them. I'm just thinking that a bigger diameter hole would be more forgiving on a less desirable placed shot.??? Single cam bow- check. I have had a high country 4runner that I've owned for around 11 years. Just put the first new cable and string on it last season. I've been thinking about upgrading. I'm wanting to shoot some Mathews, bowtech, diamonds, bear, pse, and hoyts to see if I can't develop what I think feels right for me. (Anybody got a suggestion on a bow and I would be glad to hear about it.) Mucks- I have considered. Really like the lacrosse though. I have 3 pair all in different insulations. Are the mucks warm and waterproof to the knee?

Great White Stalker

Also, I would be remissed if I didn't mention my trustee ol coveralls that I've had for the last atleast 10 seasons. They have been with me through thick and thin. I'll never forget the day we spent in the woods in 8 degree weather! I don't even remember what brand they are, but I'll be checking before long because it's about time to upgrade on them too. I figure if you get 10 seasons out of them, they have done their duty.

Mr.Bro

Great White Stalker said:
@Mr. Bro: I always have 2 headlamps with me also. I also love muzzy broadheads but I'm seriously debating on trying the rage broadheads. I have lost a few deer in the last 4-5 years with the muzzy. Not to say that it was they're fault. I really like my arrow flight with them. I'm just thinking that a bigger diameter hole would be more forgiving on a less desirable placed shot.??? Single cam bow- check. I have had a high country 4runner that I've owned for around 11 years. Just put the first new cable and string on it last season. I've been thinking about upgrading. I'm wanting to shoot some Mathews, bowtech, diamonds, bear, pse, and hoyts to see if I can't develop what I think feels right for me. (Anybody got a suggestion on a bow and I would be glad to hear about it.) Mucks- I have considered. Really like the lacrosse though. I have 3 pair all in different insulations. Are the mucks warm and waterproof to the knee?

The Rage heads does leave an impressive hole.At least what i can see on TV.Never tried them.Probably wont either.MX3 Muzzys just fly right and work every time.Cannt remember last deer a lost with a Muzzy.Course i have been blessed with good funells that bring them in close.10-25 yards.

Looking for a new bow?Up until 4 years ago i bought a new bow every year.4 years ago i bought my first Mathews,a DXT.Due to economic conditions and the fact that i think the DXT is surly one of the best hunting bows made.I still shoot it.Short,light and shoots great.Check out the Mathews line.Also shoot as many different makes as you can.Find the one you like and can shoot well.

Mucks?Yes waterproof and warm and very comfortable.

Good luck

Model70Man

My favorite hunting gear are my windproof, waterproof outer layers and under armour baselayers including socks. I have to have my Buck knife and cable saw as well. I also like using my Buck roar grunt tube. There is also the added satisfaction of shooting a deer with your own handloaded ammo.

DntBrnDPig

My Dad and Grandpa bought all the men in my family a Buck Selector knife we a bunch of blades. I LOVE THAT KNIFE. Its so easy to clean, changing the blades out is extremely simple.

They dont make them anymore, but they are worth it if you can find it.

The other gear I love is my merino wool base layers and soft shell outer layers from Core 4 Element. I am absolutely in love with that gear. I've never felt more....athlectic... in the stand before when the temps are in the low 30's. I'm usually so bulked up with layers that its hard to move.

Also my Badlands Monster Fanny is the bomb.

Latest posts