Fanning Story

Spurhunter

I know this guy in his late 20's that has a beautiful wife and 6 month old baby girl. I ran into him the other night and he hands me his phone and tells me to watch the video his buddy got of him killing a bird. I already knew where he was hunting because he had already mentioned it. PUBLIC LAND. So I'm watching the video and I can see a strutter in the field and some brush along the edge. All the sudden a fan pops up on the edge of the brush and I ask where'd that turkey come from. He says that's not a turkey, that's my fan. I hand him his phone back and I nod toward his wife holding his daughter and say "you've got waaay too much to live for to be doing this stupid crap. And on public land to boot." He says, "but look, here's the end result" and shows me a picture of him and his buddy with 2 dead longbeards. I ask him if he heard about the guy at Yanahli that got shot in the face fanning and he tells me he was safe because they went in by boat and knew nobody else was around. Apparently having a picture on Fakebook is worth risking your life over. You just can't make them see.

paboom

I would also add, it's not all about social media. I know it's a cesspool, but that's not the motivation for some. I know guys who aren't even on any form of social media (forums included) that are all about the kill-regardless of the means. They aren't "doing it for the gram"

Latest posts