Fall Plot?'s

protec28

I'm probably going to go this weekend or the weekend after and do away with my summer plot to get ready for my fall plot. Should I round up everything then rake the dead stuff up and turn it over till I plant or should i just mow it to the dirt and turn it over?
Also, I know I'm going to plant imperial clover, but I want more than that out. I was thinking maybe some Biologic full draw or some lab lab. Or maybe just mixing in some brassica and chicory.

HOOK

Lablab is not for fall planting. If your plot is overgrown, cut it and then wait a week or two and then herbacide. Wait another week or two and then disc. Chicory is GREAT to mix in clover as well as Dwarf Essex Rape.

deerchaser007

Imperial clover is a perennial that can last 3 to 5 years. You do not want to use this as a annual for rotational plantings.

Mix in Wheat or oats and for sure put in some tecomate chicory. This mix will not be worked back up for a summer planting. It will last for years with proper maintenance.

JohnnyDollar

you need to mow it first then wait a week or so, then spray it with round-up-by doing this when you mow it first it will spark new growth and will pull the round-up to the root faster, also it is easier to spray a plot with a buzz cut than with an afro. If you will use wheat or oats and rape with your clover you will have a buffet for them all season.

Latest posts