Fall Gardens?

BamaProud

Mine is coming up nicely, Just lettuce, but 2 types. Romaine and Bibb.

20150927_172717_zps4iqegjsk.jpeg

Nimrod777

I've been slowly working on mine as well. Making an attempt at a second crop of beets. Cabbage started coming up over the weekend, just have 5 spots planted, and will thin to 5 plants. Have two rows of chard, put in some sugar snap peas, and dumped all of an old packet of Kohlrabi seeds in a row to see if any germination happens at all. Only thing I would still like to add is Kale.

I've not really done a fall garden before, and it may have been late planting several of the things I did, but you don't get points for not trying.

Oh, my volunteer watermelon is finally ready to pick. The tendril dried up over the weekend. Incoming!

Sako

Planted 2 types of lettuce, Collards, Turnips and Mustard greens.... Mixed them all together and broadcast them in the garden spot..... I call it my lazy winter garden... planted too much, pick what I want, when I want and just let the deer eat the rest...

Nimrod777

The snap peas broke through dirt today in the rain. Beets are doing well, cabbage seeds have sprouted, chard is coming up. Don't know if it will all last, but I'm enjoying it!

Latest posts