Fall Creek Falls

Buzzard Breath

I'd posted this in the turkey hunting section, and I'm not getting much of a response. Thought I'd also make a post here since its an archery only hunt.
buzz mcmanus said:
I was just sitting here thinking of some new places I could go turkey hunting this spring and was wondering if it would be worth the effort to hunt at Fall Creek Falls. Does anyone have any experiences from hunting there? Is there a decent amount of birds? I know its archery only, does that limit the pressure? PM me if you want.

Thanks
Basically, would it be worth me driving the 2.5 hours there to check it out within the next month or so? If there are turkeys, I think it would be a fun hunt to get a cabin and take the wife for a few days. She could do wife stuff while I hunted in the mornings, then we could fish the rest of the day. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Buzz

ghosthunter

I hunted deer there this year. I didn't see any turkeys but I did hear some. They are in there but I don't know how thick. I'd say if you get a bike a ride the bike trails through the woods, it shouldn't be too hard to get on a gobbling bird.

Buzzard Breath

Thanks everyone!

I'd never thought about the bike option. I'll have to consider that.

This could work out real well. The wife likes to sleep in mornings she doesn't work, then relax until lunch. I could get bonus points for taking the wife on long weekend trip, and get some hunting time in also.

Buckblaster

R.I.P.
BigWes50 said:
I would say it would be worth it! I got drawn for the deer hunt there this year so very little deer but alot of turkeys gobbling and all kinds of movement! It would be awesome just to take the wife, cause its a neat place!

That place is loaded with deer man :D

I went and walked trails and road around where they had the hunting during the summer and saw around 20 something :grin:
That happened 3 times.

It looks like there might be some turkeys there.

Yank

Yep, it's loaded with both. And the fishing is good if you know how to fish it, take two batteries tho. :) When I was younger I was out there every weekend either fishing or rappelling/climbing. It's a beautiful park! If you get a chance to hunt it I don't think you'll be disappointed. :cool:

Latest posts