excalibur vs stryker

cecil30-30

I'd go with the excalibur hands down.I don't know much about the stryker.But excalibur comes with a lifetime warranty,and plus you don't need a press to take it apart and work on it.Excalibur's are just a very simple bow..With that said,I'll be selling my wickedridge invader onces bow season is over to buy a excalibur for next season.

Kevin B.

I have owned a Strykezone 380 for less than a week. I have never owned an Excaliber, but would like to someday. The Strykezone is much narrower when cocked (and when uncocked). I DO know THAT much about the differences. But I would STILL love to own a crossbow that I could restring without having to have a bowpress, like the above poster said. Each one has their merits. I am getting extremely good accuracy from my 380. Killed a deer with it sat morn. (It's the thread in this sub forum that no one has responded to) The land I hunt is brushy and not simple open woods all the time. So a compact bow is a blessing. And the 380 is compact and lightweight. (6.9 pounds). They have fixed the limb issues from 2011. When shooting from a ground blind, you don't want your limbs to bump something when you fire the bow. This is less likey to happen with a narrower bow. The stryker is 13 inches axle to axle. Pretty narrow. But I don't know how narrow the Excaliber is, other than I would LOVE to own one someday if I see the need for TWO x bows. Good luck in your choice. I'm NOT brand loyal. I was just giving you my perspective and I hope it helps. kevin (I'm pretty sure the Strykezone has a lifetime warranty)

J.Maples

I've owned two Excalibur vixens, no Ten-points. If I bought another it would be the Excalibur. No complaints and I can not compare.I started out with the 2005.

JohnnyDollar

I do know that the Excal has the lifetime warranty no matter if you by it new or at a carport sale. You do not have to be the original owner to use the warranty if you ever need to. The Excal can be dry fired (which I absolutely do not suggest) without coming apart. I own a Barnett and an Excal and there is no comparison between the two. With the Excal you can change your string yourself in under a minute and there is no "cam timing issues" to deal with. Don't get me wrong, cam type xbows are fast and more narrow but the Excals are proven and very simple.

soshock1

I own a Horton Legacy 225 which is very similar to the Excal and I also own a Strykezone 380. These are two very different feeling and shooting bows. I personally prefer the 380 because it is so much smaller and lighter. I just could not get over the size, weight, and width of the Horton. You need to shoot both bows and decide for yourself. Everyone says to do that but I didn't do it before I bought the Horton. Might not have bought it if I had shot it before hand.

Latest posts