Excalibur 380 Matrix

Harold Money jr

My friend just bought a brand new Excalibur 380. He asked me to sight it in. Is is supposed to shoot 380 with the bolts and string combo that came with it. I changed the 150gr field points to 125gr and proceeded to sight it in. I shot the first shot over my chronograph it read 365, then next shot 361, then 362. I adjusted the scope to the measured speed and had it sighted in to 50 yards in the next couple of shots. It is extremely accurate but, louder than his old phoenix. It buries the bolts to the fletch in my target, it is nice.

bigtex

I love mine. Had sub par accuracy with the Diablo bolts, switched to Carbon express bolts and 125 grain Spitfires and it is a tack driver.
Two shots were taken with it this year and two deer died, both within sight.

ghostfive

Like all bows they stretch the speed a bit. They all shoot slower with real hunting bolts or arrows but 360+ is still screaming. Mine isn't nearly that fast and haven't had a deer complain yet about it being too slow.

Harold Money jr

His old Phoenix shot about 260fps measured. He said it shot through every deer he hit. We were shooting it at "long range" one afternoon at fifty yards he was dead on. I moved the target back another 15 yards just to see how far it dropped well, 33 inches later his previous killer seemed as tame as a kitten to him. I guess it ate on his mind until he bought the biggest and baddest. 100 more fps is alot when we are talking arrow speed.

ghostfive

100 fps is a huge deal but other problems come along with that speed. I do wish mine was faster maybe I will get to upgrade one of these days.

cecil30-30

I took my matrix back. Traded it in for a tenpoint turbo xlt II. The matrix was loud as crap, trigger pull was terrible and the supplied scope was complete junk. I also had accuracy issues with mine. Excal customer service gave me the run around. I feel if you spend $1100 on a xbow, that you shouldnt have any issues what so ever. On the bright side if you miss a deer with it , its loud enough to scare the deer to death.