EXCAL 330 and WYVERN creations

Forvols

Ok XBOWERs -- I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a EXCAL 330 and up graded package from Wyvern creations for scope bolts etc. I think it a good choice, but I have never owned a cross bow. But do like the simplicity of a recurve bow. I haven't bow hunted in a few years and now older my shoulder would not support a vertical bow.

So please chime in may make the order on Monday -- still doing some research.

LA man

Ive heard good things about excal. But me personally ive never shot one nore do i know anybody that owns one. I had a horton 150 and didnt like it. I gave it to my son n law. I since then bought a ten point titan extreme. It will shoot 50 yards with no problem. And i like it.

encore06

IMO, Excels are hard to beat. If I was buying a new Excel, I would go with the new Micro 335. It is a sleek, compact crossbow with excellent reviews. Maybe next year I'll have the available funds to trade my Excel Phoenix for a Micro. My daughter's wedding is hurting the wallet. :bash:

Deer Assassin

i have killed with compound and recurve x bows

prefer the recurve hands down

they have a good wingspan but very simple

been shooting a excal equinox for years 375 fps chronord with flemish string excal firebolts and excal 100 grain x-act broadheads mechanical

love that broadhead

TheLBLman

Forvols":26825ylt said:
Ok XBOWERs -- I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a EXCAL 330 and up graded package from Wyvern creations for scope bolts etc. I think it a good choice, but I have never owned a cross bow. But do like the simplicity of a recurve bow.
I don't know why anyone would want the complication of a "compound" crossbow. IMO, recurve crossbows make oh such more sense, especially when you start looking at lasting value and never needing to take your bow in to a bow shop for cable adjustments, new cables, new strings (as you can easily do it all yourself with a recurve).

Nick your string while hunting with a compound, and you're done (possibly losing days of hunting). Break the string with a recurve, just pull out a new string from your fanny pack, and in about 10 minutes, you're re-strung without even having to go back to your truck (assuming you also carry the little simple "stringer" in your pack as well).

You'll be hard-pressed to beat Wyvern's price & service. I helped a friend do considerable research recently, and that's where we got it, all customized, and far better than anything we could have purchased as a "kit" from the big retailers. You're dealing straight with true experts who know what they're talking about and know what they're doing. Had it not been for the recent introduction of the EXCAL Micro, my friend most likely would have gotten the Excal 330.

JLC

I have ordered from Wyvern and they are good to deal with. I shoot an Excalibur Vixen and have not seen any need to upgrade. While its low in power it kills deer effectively. If I were to up grade it would be either the Grizzly or the 330. According to the excalibur forum the 330 seems to be the sweetest but everyone is different. The Micro is a nice small bow but a real beast to chocolate chip cookie. No matter which one you choose be sure and get a string changer.

Sako

I own an Excalibur Exocet... I have had three shows now.... Still own two. The Exocet is by far the best but it is wide.... That is the only issue I have with the Excalibur....

7mminatree

I've been shooting an Excalibur Excocet for 10 years now. It has been flawless. Yes it's wide, but that's never hindered me. It's a very light bow, which is an asset. It's loud, but I've never had a deer jump or duck it. They just drop as fast as they would if they had been hit with a high powered rifle.

TnBob

You will love that 330. I'm on my fifth Excalibur. Now have a 335 Nightmare. (all black Micro). Micro is way narrower than the 330 but is a bit tougher to chocolate chip cookie. You cant go wrong with ANY Excal and Wyverns is a good place to get one.

Latest posts