elk

BOW4WHITETAILZ

DSCN0149.jpg

4onaside

Can anyone spell high fence? Judging from the background country(does not look the part of Rocky Mountain Elk country), plus two humongous animals posed side by side, and if I had to guess, guts in, well...........

megalomaniac

4onaside said:
Can anyone spell high fence? Judging from the background country(does not look the part of Rocky Mountain Elk country), plus two humongous animals posed side by side, and if I had to guess, guts in, well...........

They don't grow them like that where I hunt :)

But congrats to the two of you! The bull on the left sure will make a pretty mount! He looks like he might scare 400"

megalomaniac

Ahh, yes... Vermont.

The quintessential elk hunting destination.

I will say that is some beautiful country and the fellow who owns that operation can grow some dandies. I bet the bull on the left was 10 grand, though.

4onaside

For the right money, someone will bring one by your house and let you shoot it in your driveway! I'm sure that's about how "tough" these were to obtain.

rutnstrut2

we give it a few more years this will be in East tn free range already seen some that make these look like yearlings

megalomaniac

$65g is nothing.

Mr. Austead paid $175,000 for the tag in Utah to kill the spider bull.

But think about it... I'd pay $200 grand in a heartbeat for the world record free-ranging typical whitetail... That's a small investment for a critter which would bring hundreds of thousands of dollars to you for endorsements, not to mention all the royalties you would get off the shows and fake antler casts. I can just see it now... I was wearing my realtree camo, when he came to my primos can. Thank goodness I had used scentlock clothing and HS scent eliminator sprays. One shot from my trusty remington rifle and the federal ammuniton put him down in an instant. I learned how to hunt that way by reading NA Whitetails and Deer and Deer hunting magazines.

Check please :)

Latest posts