Electronic "night vision" optics

Rollo

So best option for sub $500? or is there such a thing? I currently have a Sightmark Photon XT and it's pretty good up to about 50-70 yards but at 100 it's very limited (even with an aftermarket IR illuminator). As for the major ones in this price range, what's the big difference, if any? Sightmark Wraith HD 2-16x 28mm vs. Wraith HD 4-32x 50mm (besides the higher magnification)? Those vs. the ATN X-Sight LTV? or the ATN 4k Pro (more $$)? Just looking to get a clearer picture at 100+ yards for more precision shooting with a Texan .257. Thanks in advance for any input. ....and no, this isn't for use in the state of TN...

PickettSFHunter

I was very fortunate to pick up a Pulsar N750 several years ago for $350. Several of my friends got them around the same time for $500. They are all still working flawlessly. Not as many bells and whistles but they just flat perform. Not sure if you can find them at that price anymore or not.

Smoke

I've got the ATN 4K Pro 3-14. Went ahead and got a Wicked Lights IR light and never tried factory light. I can see 250 yards pretty easy. About as far as I've looked with it. There are better ir lights that will be brighter and go further than what I've got. I'm on my second scope. First one worked for a little bit then something messed up. It would turn itself on and when you turned it off it wouldn't power back on for about a day. Kept doing that so sent in for repairs. They had a new scope back to my door in a week or week and half. No problems since. Before I got the ATN I got a slip on from 3D night vision. Slips on back of any scope. I've not hunted with it but have looked around at night with it. I can see just as far as my ATN. It's a little different though the way it sets up. Instead of looking through scope, you look at little screen sitting above scope. Think I give around $300 for it. I've read alot of good about the wraith but have never laid hands on one. You get to reading reviews on ATN and it can scare you off pretty quick.

Speedwell-Hunter

So best option for sub $500? or is there such a thing? I currently have a Sightmark Photon XT and it's pretty good up to about 50-70 yards but at 100 it's very limited (even with an aftermarket IR illuminator). As for the major ones in this price range, what's the big difference, if any? Sightmark Wraith HD 2-16x 28mm vs. Wraith HD 4-32x 50mm (besides the higher magnification)? Those vs. the ATN X-Sight LTV? or the ATN 4k Pro (more $$)? Just looking to get a clearer picture at 100+ yards for more precision shooting with a Texan .257. Thanks in advance for any input. ....and no, this isn't for use in the state of TN...
What did you go with?

Rollo

I just kept my Photon XT for now. Someone asked us about doing some pest control south of us but it never evolved. So I wasn't going to invest the $$$$. But thanks everyone for the replies.

Latest posts