Electronic calls

SPickle

In the market for a new caller. Narrowed my desicion to either ICOtec or Foxpro. Both have great features and lows also. Any thoughts and suggestions would be great.

8up

I just ordered the Primos Alpha dog. They have been around a while and I read lots of good things on them and while I saw them for over $300 I found them for $171

Wildcat

8up":35vk81iu said:
I just ordered the Primos Alpha dog. They have been around a while and I read lots of good things on them and while I saw them for over $300 I found them for $171

Good call, I have one as well as a Fox Pro Shockwave and use them both each year. Keep your batteries fully charged up and you will not have a problem.

I've heard the new top of the line Amazon rechargeable batteries are just as good as the high dollar batteries but I have not tried them yet I use Eneloop Pro for the Alpha Dogg.

Wildcat

8up":2snqu6uk said:
Thank you I had not even thought of getting rechargeable batteries.

You have to, the Alpha Dogg will run though regular batteries like you wouldn't believe.

DO NOT GO CHEAP here on rechargeable batteries. Remember you will be out there in the cold of Jan and Feb calling coyotes and the cheap ones WILL cost you every time by not working. The Alpha Dogg does run into problems when the batteries start to get weak. With the Eneloop Pro's I NEVER had a problem. Here in KY we can night hunt starting each Feb though April and let me tell you those Feb nights can get real cold but the Alpha Dogg never missed a beat with the Eneloop Pro's .

For the Shockwave I got the rechargeable Lithium Battery pack, it's a must have if you want to call most of the day in all weather and if you hook up an extra speaker as well as a FoxJack decoy to the Shockwave. I use the Eneloop Pro's in the Shockwave remote.

rhinoblake

I went with the fox pro and love the thing. I have to get better at adding sounds especially some Johnny Stewart. I just haven't sat down and learned yet. No knock on the Alpha I have never used one but have saw their popularity grow

fritoman

I'm on my 2nd foxpro and have no complaints. Started with Wildfire and upgraded to shockwave

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

jbhtn

Foxpro !! I am using a firestorm that is probably 8 years old and we kill several every year with it and it has never failed. Only thing is that you must use rechargeable batteries or you will go broke. I purchased the Foxpro batteries and they will last all day. Regular batteries only lasted about 2 hours. Foxpro is worth the little extra money just by the selection of sounds alone.

Latest posts