Eddie

tsc

I was trying something that worked pretty good. As you come to full draw, have arrow tip about half way down deers leg(3d target),anchor then move the tip to the right gap while your focused on that hair ,pause a second and release. Try it, and let me know what u think.

eddie c

it sounds very similar to what John Schultz was instructing the shooters to try in his class that I attended. he called it the swing draw. and it turns out that is very close to how I shoot.
and some days I do very well, others I cant hit the broadside of the barn from the inside. :rotf:

I have been told, and I agree, that trying different shooting techniques is good and will help a shooter determine their own shooting style, sometimes it's a combination of 2 or 3 different styles put together.

tsc

Back to the arrow color deal, I looked at all of Hill's youtube movies and pics and his arrows are white without exception. You think that bright arrow was part of his aiming system or just personal preference? Were Shultz arrows white? I am making up a dz nonstained arrows. I made 3 just to test and I do see where they are pointing better in the light but like I said before,the dark one showed a little better at almost dark( but it would be probably too dark to shoot anyway)

eddie c

I didn't notice anything usual about John's arrows. it has been said Howard was a lot about showmanship. those white shafts would have been easier to see in flight on film or just in general for the audience.

Latest posts