Duck Thang

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I have never used one but the video looks amazing.
A guy I know got one and he really liked it.

I seriously considered building one a couple years ago.
You can order the belt for like 100 bucks then all you would need is a motor and some pulleys.
Pretty clever item for sure.

BlackEagle1

I have had more experience with one than I want. The more complex the pole pattern the more problematic it will be. The belt likes to get twisted as it runs and eventually the twist get so bad it jumps or binds it all down. If your water isn't 100 % stable you will have to constantly adjust your pulley depth. The leaders from the decoy to the belt will steadily break and have to be rebuilt. Oh and don't forget if another decoy, a stick, or anything else hit the belt you'll get to wade out and work on your investment yet again. I have a fortune tied up in several swimmer systems because I hate jerk strings but honestly If I had it to do again...... my crew would be jerking cords.

XxBlack_CloudxX

BlackEagle1 is 100% right, That's all we did year before last. Constantly going out to fix the DANG THANG. The dog can get hung in it as well witnessed it first hand. It sat in a big pile last year an we used a jerk string. The wake maker by DC work just as well. It's not worth $1500+.

Dodge Man

We have run them at all our blinds for the past 5 years and I have seen first hand how well they work when set up correctly. We run them from opening day to the last day and you will have to do some work to them at times but once you learn how to run them you can go several day with out having to go out and touch them at all. They make a ton of movement and will make your whole spread come alive when set up right.

kopter doktor

i built my own duck thang,I made 4 idlers,and bought there belt,and the v-wire to decoys.my cost was a 1/3 for what they sell for.Also i just built my own automatic duck decoy jerk string system.....I am thinking of building to sell also......oh i also built vortex machines for ducks and geese.so far i have built 10 0f them....no problems from the duck hunters.

KPH

I bet if the people who have had trouble with them would call the people who build them they would help out. I am not much of a duck hunter but like to go and from what I have seen of them they work very well if put in right.

BlackEagle1

Sounds like you didn't really want to hear our opinions and experiences. It's your money spend it as you wish, and call who ever you want. When your shoulder deep in water and it's 25 degrees working on a band, pulley, etc you'll appreciate the investment. Good luck!

Pelzer

i built my own duck thang,I made 4 idlers,and bought there belt,and the v-wire to decoys.my cost was a 1/3 for what they sell for.Also i just built my own automatic duck decoy jerk string system.....I am thinking of building to sell also......oh i also built vortex machines for ducks and geese.so far i have built 10 0f them....no problems from the duck hunters.
What kind of motor did u yes for the duck thang u built

Pelzer

What motor did u use to build your duck thang?

tickweed

I run one in my club myself. All day, 60 days. Lasr 7 years. I have tried ever gadget know to man. Absolutely the best. I do run it on a 110 volt to 12 volt converter, so no batteries needed. It will jump , maybe 2 times a season, if that. Has broken belt once. It will glue back together in 10 seconds with super glue, regardless of temps. I make my own teathers for decoys. We raise and lower brackets if water level changes. Does much better in clean water. If it hangs while running. Just reverse it. Pricey. But the best. I run my belt pattern like teeth on a hand saw. Angles. Decoys swimming back and forth.ducks land all in it. We run it mainly in about 3 ft or less of water but have ran up to 6 ft of water. We have worked it out of a boat many times, but waders is much eaiser. I wouldnt recommend it deeper than 6 ft

OffHand85

Deere RC boat 60$ Amazon, dremel time 30 minutes, marine epoxy, copper wire to extend antenna range, figure 8 demo mode, lots of fun! And cheap