Duck River

Delaney

I used to fish creeks growing up for panfish, but recently I have been wanting to try a river. Closest one to me is the Duck.

Does anyone on here fish it? If so what is the best thing to catch on it?

I appreciate any tips/suggestions.

Rocky Top

Small mouth are really good on the Duck depending on location. Smallie Beavers or Sweet Beaver plastics work well. I know TWRA stocks some locations on the Duck with Trout during the winter but I have never fished those.

AllOutdoors

I fish it all the time. Smallmouth, spotted bass, and large mouth are there for the catching. Also catch white bass, catfish, and even catch sauger. What area of the Duck are you wanting to fish?

Delaney

The best for me would be near Iron Bridge Rd. that access is nearby to work and home. Probably a silly question, but does anyone here have reservations about eating fish caught from the Duck?

I personally think it will be fine, but the wife is a little concerned, lol.

AllOutdoors

To the best of my knowledge, I believe there is a precautionary advisory for the Duck in Hickman and Humpreys Co. for Mercury. Its for Large mouth and spots.

arctic_cat

you might catch a dead body or two in the right spots. I lived in Columbia a log time and only been on the duck once. I stuck to waiding the creeks around town

XxBlack_CloudxX

I fished it quit a bit in the summer can catch alot of redeye an bluegill have caught a couple of decent smallies never eaten any of the fish just catch an release.I fish on up river from iron bridge.

Latest posts