Duck ID ?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Ok so the way I understand it a "bluebill" is actually a scaup and the limit is 3.
Mergansers limit is 5 and only 2 may be hooded.

The only other ones I can think of is a canvasback, limit of 2, redhead, limit of 2 and a ringneck. What is the limit on a ringneck, 6 if you kill nothing else?

What other divers is one likely to encounter and how would you find out the limit of them?

MickThompson

Just like puddle ducks- if the number isn't specifically stated for that species, you can kill whatever remains of your 6 bird limit in them.

Buffleheads are a good example- no sublimit, so you can kill 6 and you're done for the day, just like gadwalls or teal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Yeah I actually took a picture of all the limits in the hunting guide and saved it in my phone for future reference. :)

I was mostly curious as to the "other" divers.

Looking like those are the only ducks we are gonna get this year. LOL

woodyard

Hey, I got a dozen ringneck decoys here in sporting goods department I found the other day. Some my son bought when he lived in FL. I didn't know what they were. If we need them.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
woodyard":28qe72of said:
Hey, I got a dozen ringneck decoys here in sporting goods department I found the other day. Some my son bought when he lived in FL. I didn't know what they were. If we need them.

LOL @ sporting goods department!!
I got more diver decoys than I do longlines right now but if we need them I will let you know. :D

Latest posts