duck blinds

trumtrum

i have a question about the duck blinds on kentucky lake.The blinds in the middle of lake when can i use them? i thought that if i went to the blind after daylight and there was no one in them it was first come first serve but we had a guy run us out last year he said that was his blind and we were not supposed to be there i would like to know because im going back this year and i dont won't make anyone mad. this guy was pissed and very threating towards us. thanks

Bayou Buck

What part of Kentucky lake are you hunting? If its TVA land you can shoot them an email and they will give you the regulations.

Duck Tracker

trumtrum said:
its out in the middle of the lake next to camden bottoms

Ya, Steve McAdams and Garry Mason I know have private blinds out there they guide out of. Some parts or West Sandy still have blinds grandfathered in and are not in the draw and are considered private too I believe.

trumtrum

i just talked to a wildlife officer from that region and he said the tva tried to do some kind of grandfathering in thing but could not enforce it so it is obsolete.However he said the blinds were private that if we were in them and the owner asked us to leave he told me to get out of the blind and into the boat and achor down outside the blind then i was not on his private blind.

NoNtYpiCaL1

The in the blind by shooting time is a wma regulation therefore does not apply on the river. I no longer have a blind on the river but can tell you from past experience that it is a major headache maintaining a blind on the river. So with that in mind show some respect and be more than willing to leave when the owner shows up since they are the reason the blind is there anyways. This type of gesture will more than likely get you an open invitation to occupy the blind when the owner is not gonna be there.

Grizzly Johnson

Another thing to remember is, if you do use a private blind, pick up your garbage and hulls when your done. Nothing directed to you personally, but to the ones that might think about it..... leave stuff alone that don't belong to you... in other words don't steal someones property out of their duck blind to have for yourself!!!

trumtrum

oh yeah i always do actually i try to leave it in better shape than what i find it. and we alwys try to fix the brush or camo if it has been blown off or slid over just to southern boy nice