Duck blind draw question

WilcoKen

So if I am reading the site correctly you can apply for EITHER a year long blind OR a 3-7 day blind, but not both?
That's how I read it too. It says:
"Individuals/Parties who receive a Season-Long Waterfowl Permit are ineligible for other waterfowl drawings."

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
So if I am reading the site correctly you can apply for EITHER a year long blind OR a 3-7 day blind, but not both?
You enter the year long draw. If you or your party gets drawn, you are not eligible to enter teh 3-7 day drawings later. If you are not drawn for a season long blind, then you may enter for the 3-7 day draw hunts. At least that is how I read it. As an additional added headache, you can enter for up to 24 year long hunts across all the WMAs, but if you are drawn and all 24 of your hunt choices are already gone when they get to your pick, you won't be awarded a blind at all, it'll be just like you didn't draw. Any blinds that aren't taken in anyone's top 24 will become tier 4 locations for the season.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
As an additional added headache, you can enter for up to 24 year long hunts across all the WMAs, but if you are drawn and all 24 of your hunt choices are already gone when they get to your pick, you won't be awarded a blind at all, it'll be just like you didn't draw.
That's fair.
I mean look at all the new opportunities there are.
:mad: 🤬 🤬 🤬

I hate to say it but the entire goat roping has caused me to lose 100% of what faith / respect I had for the entire agency and everything that makes it up.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
To be fair, that's better than them awarding me a year long blind at a WMA I am quite far from, and know absolutely nothing about, and have no desire or ability to attempt to do it for the whole season. I hunt most Saturdays, and take a vacation day at odd times to get in a mid-week hunt, and do an occasional Sunday hunt(but they are very occasional). For those way off places, I wouldn't take the opportunity away from someone closer even if I could.

Displaced_Vol

I guess that's "fair" removing the season long blind holders from the quota draws for those that don't get a 60 day. Of course if you're a season long blind holder at a more central TN location and wanted a trip to a guaranteed hunt spot at a western TN WMA you may be out of luck but that's ok. Whatever doesn't matter at this point.
I still gotta figure the 3-7 day draws. It'll be 3 separate drawings throughout the season I think? We'll figure it out as we go I guess.

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
I still gotta figure the 3-7 day draws. It'll be 3 separate drawings throughout the season I think? We'll figure it out as we go I guess.
Yes, 3 separate draw periods, early segment, mid segment, late segment.

Early Segment
Application Period: October 6 - October 27, 2021
Awarded: November 1st (NOI due November 8th)
Left-Over Drawing: November 15, 2021

Mid Segment
Application Period: November 3 - November 23, 2021
Awarded: November 29th (NOI due December 6th)
Left-Over Drawing: December 13, 2021

Late Segment
Application Period: November 24, 2021 - December 14, 2021
Awarded: December 20th (NOI due December 27th)
Left-Over Drawing: January 3, 2022

drake799

I'm fine with the season long people not being able
To draw for the other hunts My gosh how many blinds and spots do you need at your disposal lol. Be interesting to see if a lot of people put in as groups now or still go the individual route.

One thing I've been wondering is. What are they gonna do when they run across a person or persons who is on about 50-100 other peoples parties?! You know it's gonna happen

MickThompson

I didn't get that far in my party list, but I wonder if you can have more than 8 in the party.
I guess that's "fair" removing the season long blind holders from the quota draws for those that don't get a 60 day. Of course if you're a season long blind holder at a more central TN location and wanted a trip to a guaranteed hunt spot at a western TN WMA you may be out of luck but that's ok. Whatever doesn't matter at this point.
I would assume you could hunt with a drawn hunter, assuming they had room for you. No different than they way it worked in the old system- only 1 card holder needed

mike243

Being on the wrong end of the state no way I would put in for a season long blind, my problem is work, I have to put in last year for this years vacation and its tough to move them, as much as I would like to try it I would hate to beat somebody out of a hunt they could make. I pick the quota hunts that fall inline with my vacations so I don't have to beat somebody out of a opportunity, I see posts every year where folks have won hunts and they feel like its not going to be a good day ect so they decide to not go, I try to be fair in all my dealings and hate somebody gets the yugoty end of the stick. I have no thoughts on the way its run now vs what has been the normal, not familiar with either , what I have read here its not been good hunting the last few years due to the good weather , at my age I would hate to buy a wet suit to hunt the good weather for duck hunting lol , the crane hunt kinda interests me but not sure all the details on that either, times running out for me to try new stuff . good luck to everybody and maybe the changes wont be so bad but time will tell

TimberMan

Yes. You will be able to fill the blind to the max allowed number of hunters. The only thing the party size does is increase the number of cardholders.

Smashdn

I'm fine with the season long people not being able
To draw for the other hunts My gosh how many blinds and spots do you need at your disposal lol. Be interesting to see if a lot of people put in as groups now or still go the individual route.

One thing I've been wondering is. What are they gonna do when they run across a person or persons who is on about 50-100 other peoples parties?! You know it's gonna happen
A guy that draws a old hickory blind for the season can't get in the quota hunts. That's crappy. For the quota hunt the season drawn blind will be open. Go hunt it.

They should all be separate draws and everyone have the same chances.

You can win the state lottery multiple times.

drake799

Oh nahhhh. TWRA promised me more opportunities. If they allow people who draw 60day blinds to draw for the other hunts they're taking away some of my opportunities. Can't have that. If you don't want a blind somewhere better not put in for it lol

Latest posts