Dru

Snake

Wow glad he's ok well not worse than it could have been . Same exact thing happened to me many years ago in a permanent stand in Giles a step came loose and down I went . Top step to beat it all . Just shot a buck and had given him the allotted time going to get down to retrieve but down I went second time in my life I had fell . Like before first thing I wanted to do was to get up making sure I hadn't broke my back . Before just mostly cuts , scratches from grasping the tree on the way down but this time I had hurt my ankle but everything else seemed to be ok ,managed to get to the buck and field dressed him in agony . I'm satisfied I fractured my ankle but never went to the hospital (stupid) and it still hurts some today . Be careful guys .

Trapper

Glad he is ok . It can happen in a blink of a eye, happen to me last year in November, never fell had a harness on that caught me but scared the #$=/ out of me .We put life lines on all the stands now ,the ones that don't have them we won't hunt them till they get them. I know everyone thinks it won't happen to them but it can.

Talome13

I'm pretty bad about using my harness. Stories like this make me realize what an idiot I can be

Latest posts