drawalot Catchin' Cats

rsimms

Reed Johnson and his son Randy (TNDeer's drawalot) have been kind enough to visit with me every June. It's become a tradition. The father & son duo have caught 45 lb. and 48 lb. cats respectively. They enjoy "battling each other for the biggest." Unfortunately their existing personal best records held up today. :(

TVA threw us a curve ball, cranking up all four generators at Chickamauga Dam to top speed at 8 am. That throws me off my favorite tailwater pattern, so we had to work for our fish today. We caught 'em, but we covered a lot of water to do it. We caught fish today anywhere from 8 feet deep to 50 feet deep, and all points in between. And had to fight some serious current to do it. All on chicken, as usual. A good average size... a good number of the fish we caught today were 10 - 16 lbs., with a few smaller ones thrown in for good measure.

It was a good day with two fine gentleman who keep coming back, even when I make'em work for their fish, which means life is good and gettin' better every day!
Johnson_Randy_Reed1.jpg

Johnson_Randy_Reed2.jpg

Johnson_Randy_Reed3.jpg

Johnson_Randy_Reed4.jpg

Johnson_Randy_Reed5.jpg

Johnson_Randy_Reed6.jpg

Johnson_Randy_Reed7.jpg

Johnson_Randy_Reed8.jpg

Johnson_Randy_Reed9.jpg

Johnson_Randy_Reed9a.jpg

rsimms

Kirk said:
Do you ever get skunked? :D

I think that's a rhetorical question... but, since you asked :grin:... this I my fourth year guiding. I believe I have only been completely skunked (zero catfish) on one trip.

I know some catfish guides in other places who offer a "50 lb. minimum guarantee" (if the boat doesn't catch a combined total of 50 lbs., the trip is free).

I don't do that... but if we don't catch 50 lbs.-plus, I consider it a real lousy day.