Dove fields

mike243

went to forks of the river, it sucked also, stayed till about 11:00 need some cold weather up north to drive the birds south, I suspect F.O.T.River will be great latter in the season due to all the grain on the ground

arctic_cat

Where is this Forks yall are talking about? I stayed untill 10:00 and never pulled the trigger where I was.

Did anyone see a pay hunt this year? This is the first year in awhile that I did not see a pay hunt on craigslist. I usally hunt one every year

rukiddin

arctic_cat said:
Ok, i found it on twra website. I take it that its not worth the drive untill later in the season?

I dare say forks would be the top public dove hunting spot in the state IF the state would make it a 3 day a week hunt. The birds get hammered every single day in there. Yes there is a ton of feed for them and due to its location to urban areas and backyards, it draws a lot of birds. All it would take is letting the birds come in and feed unmolested for a couple days and there could be good hunts throughout the year for everyone. Like it is now, it's a helluva opening day spot, then afterwards it's hunted every day. No doves are gonna use an area where there ran off everyday. Why twra doesn't do that is beyond me. It would be so simple to have good hunts every week of every season.

mike243

You know I did see abunch of folks over the fence talking but didn't hear what happened. I did see them shooting low over the fence and wondered about that.1 of the guys over there worked with my son. I will ask my son what he knows.

stik

arctic_cat said:
I am at field number 2 which ever one that is. Pretty much sucks. Been about 5 birds since daylight and nowhere close to me

sounds like you were where we were. we shot several birds the evenng before in the same place but i never fired a shot the next morning.

mike243

rukiddin? said:
arctic_cat said:
Ok, i found it on twra website. I take it that its not worth the drive untill later in the season?

I dare say forks would be the top public dove hunting spot in the state IF the state would make it a 3 day a week hunt. The birds get hammered every single day in there. Yes there is a ton of feed for them and due to its location to urban areas and backyards, it draws a lot of birds. All it would take is letting the birds come in and feed unmolested for a couple days and there could be good hunts throughout the year for everyone. Like it is now, it's a helluva opening day spot, then afterwards it's hunted every day. No doves are gonna use an area where there ran off everyday. Why twra doesn't do that is beyond me. It would be so simple to have good hunts every week of every season.
it was hunted opening day & I went on the 2nd day it was opened and stayed til about 11,bet there wasn't 50 birds killed. they killed a little over 1000 opening day, the weather needs to push the birds down here imo

Latest posts