Don’t deal with townhall

Specializedjon

@Jdunn94 if you don't mind to share, how much $$ did you lose out on.

Also, it might be a good idea to have a post pinned at the top where we can leave reviews, good or the bad on members selling stuff. Maybe even a rating for timing, communication, etc.
I think we should leave the "timing" out of the criteria.

- CST 🤣

UCStandSitter

They've been removed, and no they are not really from SC.
I knew they were among us...

Area 51 Aliens GIF by Sky HISTORY UK

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
2-Step Enabled
If they are removed, how did they do this ? My understanding this is when you sign in or log on to tndeer ??
You can still login if they are suspended. It helps gather the IP information, so we can prevent them creating additional accounts.
There's already a feedback option for people.

Turns out I'm wrong. I thought there was that option.
https://www.tndeer.com/feedback It's been there for a while.

DaveTN

Yeah had a ad up wtb ruger RedHawk he pm me said he had one and I agree but when he sent me a tracking number that wasn't even to my house figured got screwed amd has been over a month now on PayPal just a heads up to you guys
Him sending a handgun to your house would have been a felony (unless you hold an FFl). It's also a violation of PayPal rules, I doubt they will help you.

rickyk280

Do yourself a favor and never use PayPal again. I used it successfully for a very long time. But when you do get on the wrong side of PayPal there is absolutely no recourse.

Never had problems with Venmo but I bet they're the same.
Damn PayPal, I been on Gunbroker for nearly 20 years with almost 350 A+ feedback. Sold a rifle to a Gentleman that just joined GB, forgot to tell the buyer not to mention gun using PayPal send family or friends. That was a nightmare accounts froze took a month to get it all sorted out. Hope you recover your money.

DaveTN

Damn PayPal, I been on Gunbroker for nearly 20 years with almost 350 A+ feedback. Sold a rifle to a Gentleman that just joined GB, forgot to tell the buyer not to mention gun using PayPal send family or friends. That was a nightmare accounts froze took a month to get it all sorted out. Hope you recover your money.
Yeah, many of us have seen PayPal gun purchases go south. That "Don't say anything" and use friends and family is fine… until there is a problem, then you are hosed.

I sold some antique camera equipment on Ebay "As is". It all worked fine, but the buyer told me one of the meters didn't read right and he wanted a bunch of money back. I told him no, and PayPal locked my account. Took a few weeks to get it straightened out.

I just sell/buy guns local now. I figure if they don't sell locally without me having to ship, my price is too high, or they need to go to Gun Broker.

I've seen posts here with a buyer trying to sell a gun and clearly says they are in another state, or a buyer says they are in another state but will pick-up locally. They still get people wanting to meet them. You have to be careful.

rickyk280

Yeah, many of us have seen PayPal gun purchases go south. That "Don't say anything" and use friends and family is fine… until there is a problem, then you are hosed.

I sold some antique camera equipment on Ebay "As is". It all worked fine, but the buyer told me one of the meters didn't read right and he wanted a bunch of money back. I told him no, and PayPal locked my account. Took a few weeks to get it straightened out.

I just sell/buy guns local now. I figure if they don't sell locally without me having to ship, my price is too high, or they need to go to Gun Broker.

I've seen posts here with a buyer trying to sell a gun and clearly says they are in another state, or a buyer says they are in another state but will pick-up locally. They still get people wanting to meet them. You have to be careful.
I haven't been on here but a little over a couple years, have bought and sold both and met some great guy's. I try and stay off GB anymore fee's has got ridiculous there.

DaveTN

I haven't been on here but a little over a couple years, have bought and sold both and met some great guy's. I try and stay off GB anymore fee's has got ridiculous there.
Same here, I've bought and sold a bunch over the years. Never had a bad experience here. I used to ship within the state, but not anymore. That's become too big of a hassle. I have a GB account, but I've never sold a gun on there. I put them up here and if they don't sell, I planned on sending them to GB, but haven't had to do it yet. GB has fees, taxes, shipping and reports transactions, but a lot of guys still buy there.

backyardtndeer

Also, it might be a good idea to have a post pinned at the top where we can leave reviews, good or the bad on members selling stuff. Maybe even a rating for timing, communication, etc.
Completely agree. A site I was an admin on we did this, and it was helpful for both buyers and sellers.
There's already a feedback option for people.

Turns out I'm wrong. I thought there was that option
There was, back before the supporter deal started, but I never could get it to work. I tried leaving feedback for a few but never was able to.

recurve60#

He and others will be back. Everyone on this end needs to do their due diligence to protect themselves from these thieves.
I do..I only deal with familiar members of years as members. I've always had great experiences that way. Im not buying or selling here to anyone without a decent post count and severals years membership.

Latest posts