Does anyone camp......

DEER DAVID

Does anyone camp in the winter months just for the fun of it?
Just to enjoy the crisp cold air, a good campfire and the fellowship of others.
Best part....no bugs........

TN RDG RNR

My last camping trip was 3rd week of October backwoods in a tent. It was a good time but real hard to get out of my sleeping bag at 0400. It rained that night and there was some ice on the tent.

I do like some camping though.

stik

we used to go to hickman co. every year and camp over the new year holiday. haven't been in several years. does anybody know if ugly creek lodge/campground is still there and is gracie still alive?

Teufelhunden

We'll go in the Smokies. Not crowded, pretty much a ghost town. Just like you said, crisp, cold and clear.

Nothing like warming up next to that fire with some coffee.

JohnG

Oh yeah!!! We go every february either the second or third wekend depending on one of our friends schedule. If he doesn't tell us something soon we will pick the date and if he goes fine and if not fine!!!

Florida Cracker

First post in over three years.......it's good to be back. YES, YES and YES.....But, in my part of the world it is almost untolerable to camp between late May and early October unless you done what I finally did two hunting seasons ago and buy an "IRON TENT"! I love my Hi-Lo Travel Trailer. Me and Momma take off all the time we can now, since the younguns kinda left the nest. It's fun to get out and just go. Enjoy the atmosphere of other campers and it's still really economical. I could go on forever but like I said, I finally realized im to old, too fat and too dang lazy to do the tent thing anymore!

GRAMPS

R.I.P.
Florida Cracker, my wife and i drive down to your state every spring and camp in different state parks. We always come down in March or April. You do have some nice campgrounds there.

Rackseeker

I'd rather camp in the winter. No bugs or snakes to deal with. Nothing like a good fire and looking up the the stars on a cold night. My favorite places to camp in the winter is in the mountains under a bluff overhang.

A

Anonymous

I used to did before I got married, (that statement covers a lotta territory donty it),but it wasnt nothin to build a good fire and lay down on the ground beside it, as long as you hve the propper bag to sleep in it aint no big thang.

But since I'm 44 and not 17 sleepin on the ground aint as easy as it used to be, seems I notice a lot more roots and rocks than before.

Latest posts