Do i need a scope upgrade?

Rockhound

I recently bought a 223 and was considering moving my Bushnell legend ultra Hd 4.5x14x44 to it and rescoping my 7wsm. I'm looking at a leupold vx3i 4.5x14x40, and a meopro 4.5x14x44. Need opinions on those.

Will either really be any better than my current scope? A few evening ago I watched deer at around 120 yards with ease after they were long gone from blind eye view, but I'm not sure if the higher dollar scopes will be better or not?

Maude

I recently purchased a VX-3i 4.5-14X50 and I will say it is much clearer than my Meopro 3.5-10X40. I don't have any experience with the Bushnell.

Jcalder

I am currently looking at that same leupold scope. I can't make my mind up between it or a vortex viper hs
When I was looking the leupold sold me as it was quite a bit lighter. It's also not as bulky if it matters. Had I found the viper hs for $300 like I did the first time around I would have bought one of those instead. Hoping to get the vx3i for better comparison but I am pleased with the hs I have as well.

DaveTN

I prefer Leupold. I have a Leupold VX-III LR 6.5-20x40 and a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44. They are both good quality, but the Leupold is much faster to get a sight picture at higher magnifications. Of course the Leupold cost a lot more than the Vortex.

Latest posts