diy solo mule deer?'s

JArender

next year will be the first year to try my hand in mule deer hunting. I have backpacking experience and feel confident in my equipment and abilities for ten day trips. next year will be the first I have had where I can go for weeks at a time and not be needed around home. If you were going to go do a solo mule deer hunt which state would you head to? Draw as well as OTC...

JArender

Lol thats a lot of talking for an introvert. Yes ive done 10 days of a 14day hunt in a tent because rain and fog wouldnt let me get out. Granted I had someone twenty feet away in a tent. Ive been to camp were I was the only one speaking english for 8 days. That is far worse than solitude imo. I love to draw and read when im alone and have found as long as I have a sat phone and can speak to my wife and kids once a night im good to go. Its all a mindset imo. Driving for sure and ill look into idaho i do 10-12 hours easy so i could be there in three days.

Looks like I have some research starting points. Thanks

Mattt

I hunt muleys in Wyoming. May be going back to Colorado in 2018 though. Idaho would be a lot of fun. A lot of public ground in Colorado big enough to get lost for a few days and not have hunting pressure. Good deer population and a lot of trophy potential. And the drive is the shortest of all

Latest posts