Did not realize this.

THEdonkey0515

Talking to someone about CBJ & The vols about the 8-4 record & how Bad! It was, & how CBJ will be gone soon probably. He pointed out CBJs 2016 record is not all that bad compared to other SEC teams.

What I did not realize was only 1 team (Bama) will finish the year in the SEC with less then 4 losses! That is if bama beats UF to make UF 8-4.

Vols 8-4
KY 7-5
SC 6-6
Vandy 6-6
Missouri 4-8
UF 8-3 probably be 8-4 after they play bama.

AU 8-4
LSU 7-4
A&M 8-4
Arkansas 7-5
Mississippi state 5-7
Ole miss 5-7

If the vols fired CBJ after the season they would be getting rid of a guy who finished better then 8 other SEC schools, and finished with the same record as 2 others. Odd to think about it that way.

TreyB

I think it is the overall look of TN. This had to be the year. The east is weak and still didn't get it done. Not saying that from the hate I have for the Vols. The entire season he never put a 4 qtr game together. NEVER. Should be 10-2 and should be 6-6..... If I were a TN fan, I would not be sad if they let him go. TN could be a MONSTER in the SEC with the RIGHT COACH. They don't have him as of now.

Bash me if you want. Just my .02 cents

THEdonkey0515

Yeah I'm not saying they should keep CBJ or they should fire CBJ.

You could have good points no matter if you was on the fire CBJ train or keep CBJ train.

The SEC as a whole is down not just the east. Both the SEC teams in the state of Mississippi in the west finished 5-7.

Really you could look at the year & have a good agreement that only bama & UF just caused they won the east even if they blew a big lead At UT and got the 11 win streak snapped & lost for what the 4th straight year against there in state rival FSU? Had better seasons then UT.

I agree UT should have been lots better went at least bottom line 9-3 & they never put 4 quarters together, but when it goes to W's & L's what really matter the vols where right there with the rest of the SEC

JKC

Thank about what you said, (TN could be a MONSTER in the SEC with the RIGHT COACH. They don't have him as of now.) Could you not say that about UF, Georgia, Missouri, or SC ? It sounds like it to me that yes you are saying it from hate YOU have for the Vols. I'm just saying.

TreyB

JKC":3ifvgbil said:
Thank about what you said, (TN could be a MONSTER in the SEC with the RIGHT COACH. They don't have him as of now.) Could you not say that about UF, Georgia, Missouri, or SC ? It sounds like it to me that yes you are saying it from hate YOU have for the Vols. I'm just saying.

Think about what you just said..... Not Mizz or SC.... UF could again. Mac needs a qb... And still recruit. Butch is not recruiting at the level when he first got there. Why????? Bcse he isn't a good coach. I am saying it as a fan of football. Spin it anyway you want. They get a Elite coach they could be really really good. Keep him and this is what you will get.

But I think everyone knows the HATE I have for the Vols though. Hope they keep him forever to be honest!! :tu:

Scioto

What this shows is the SEC is a one team league. Without a doubt, Alabama is the MONSTER of college football and would still deserve to be #1 even if UF pulled off the upset of the century this Saturday. Still, the fact that Alabama's best win was against the runner-up in the Pac 12 South says a lot about the SEC. When one-half of your conference is probably the weakest division among the Power 5 conferences, the title of best or strongest conference in college football has been passed.

PillsburyDoughboy

TreyB":19uyho1j said:
JKC":19uyho1j said:

Think about what you just said..... Not Mizz or SC.... UF could again. Mac needs a qb... And still recruit. Butch is not recruiting at the level when he first got there. Why????? Bcse he isn't a good coach. I am saying it as a fan of football. Spin it anyway you want. They get a Elite coach they could be really really good. Keep him and this is what you will get.

But I think everyone knows the HATE I have for the Vols though. Hope they keep him forever to be honest!! :tu:
Your right they probably could but be quite and don't let them know that.

We (the faithful fans of ALABAMA) have not taken vols or auburn for that matter as a serious competitor in many moons.

There were a couple of games going in this year that I thought would give ALABAMA some competition . That was Ole Miss and A&M.

Butchies contract is till 2020 from what I read. Gonna be a long 3 years if they don't cut ties.Thats my humble opinion .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vermin93

Scioto":3q2uss56 said:
What this shows is the SEC is a one team league. Without a doubt, Alabama is the MONSTER of college football and would still deserve to be #1 even if UF pulled off the upset of the century this Saturday. Still, the fact that Alabama's best win was against the runner-up in the Pac 12 South says a lot about the SEC. When one-half of your conference is probably the weakest division among the Power 5 conferences, the title of best or strongest conference in college football has been passed.

Post of the month! :super:

Cazador

Scioto":5a35l57i said:
What those records show is that the SEC is beating up on itself. What is the overall record of the SEC against other conferences?

THEdonkey0515

Cazador":191pye2x said:
Scioto":191pye2x said:
What those records show is that the SEC is beating up on itself. What is the overall record of the SEC against other conferences?
Not for sure but.....
UF lost to FSU I think for the 4th time in a row.
Georgia lost to Georgia Tech.
Vandy lost to georgia tech
Missouri lost to tennessee tech & west Virginia.
South Carolina lost to Clemson.
Kentucky lost to southern miss

So that is 6 loses to other conferences in the east.

Ole miss lost to FSU
Mississippi State lost to South bama & BYU
Lsu lost to Wisconsin
Auburn lost to Clemson

and 5 loses to other conferences in the west.

Zulu

Cazador":nbxuv45f said:

Not quite. The SEC was 42-12 total against other conferences, but more importantly was only 6-8 against the rest of the Power 5. I'm an SEC homer, but we have to face the fact that the conference had a down year. Tennessee, LSU, Ole Miss and Georgia (to a certain extent) disappointed, while nobody else really stepped up and exceeded expectations (A&M did for a while). Hopefully it's just an aberration and everyone will be more like their normal selves next year.

Cazador

Zulu":2ughoqy9 said:
Cazador":2ughoqy9 said:

Not quite. The SEC was 42-12 total against other conferences, but more importantly was only 6-8 against the rest of the Power 5. I'm an SEC homer, but we have to face the fact that the conference had a down year. Tennessee, LSU, Ole Miss and Georgia (to a certain extent) disappointed, while nobody else really stepped up and exceeded expectations (A&M did for a while). Hopefully it's just an aberration and everyone will be more like their normal selves next year.
63 losses in by the stats above in the OP. Only 12 to non conference teams. Math says they lost 51 games lost inside their conference.
6-8 against the power 5. Which teams accounted for those 8 losses?
Like I said. SEC is beating itself up. The numbers look bad. But are they really? Not every team was dominant like Alabama. But I think some of the other conferences are getting better. Some of the talented kids are looking at other schools outside the SEC. They are looking to get playing time. Not sitting the benches in the SEC for a couple years before they play. It's looking like it was many years ago. Where kids would pick a lesser school for more playing time. They are not wanting to be on a winning team. They would rather show their talents with hopes of being a Jerry Rice (Miss Valley State)

THEdonkey0515

Georgia tech, FSU & Clemson all beat Two SEC schools :oops:

It was BAMA or bust this year for the SEC. I know its hard for the SEC! SEC! SEC! Guys to see that, But its the truth.

We have talked about how the vols chocked away the season. They only lost to other SEC teams by the way not many other SEC teams can say that this year. But still where underachieving.

The east champ is setting on an 8-4 record they CHOCKED away there 11 game UT winning streak. They lost to there "little sister" in state team FSU for the 4th year in a row, got man handled by Arkansas & Bama. Yes UF Fans I know you won the East pound your chest I'm not just bashing you I'm bashing my own team I'm looking at the SEC as a whole east champs or not 8-4 is not really a good year.

The BEST recored in the East at the Moment is 8-4 not very good most had losses outside the SEC like Florida & Georgia.

There is 1 team in the west with more then 8 wins.

There two teams in that state of Mississippi that didn't even get to 6 wins.

LSU tried to make a run (after firing coach) but the loss to UF at home put a end to that.

TreyB

In the end.... EVERY TN FAN ON HERE had TN winning a weak East right??? Where did MOST TN fans have UF finishing? So UF Overachieved right? :tu:

tree_ghost

I am a diehard bulldogs fan. Here's what my preseason east rankings looked like
1.)UT
2.)UF
3.)UGA
4.) Vandy
5.) Kentucky
6.) SC
7.) mizzo

I think as stated above that the golden era of the SEC is gone. The other conferences are viable contenders on any given Saturday....as a whole I was disappointed with the performance of the East. I knew my Dawgs would have a rough season coming in but I really thought that UT would be a viable national contender this year...hell honestly I WANTED that for the Vols. Guess you guys need to make a call to Archie and see if he's got another little Manning ready yet [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THEdonkey0515

TreyB":yd005xlc said:
In the end.... EVERY TN FAN ON HERE had TN winning a weak East right??? Where did MOST TN fans have UF finishing? So UF Overachieved right? :tu:
That my point buddy UF had the "Best" year in the East & is setting at 8-4 What does that say about the SEC once again I'm not taking shots at UF

VOLS choked & where underachieving I've said it.

If you think blowing a big lead at UT geting blown out by two teams & getting beat by your little sisiter is overachieving good for you. I'm not gonna disagree lol

When 8-4 is called overachieing lol It made my point the whole SEC is down that is all I was trying to say like I said in the other post pound your chest Florida lol.

By the way they was ALOT of Florida fans saying 10-2 and the EAST :tu: a few on here. so yes UF won the East! You said 10-2!! or 9-3 with a win over UT & The east lol so by your standards & many other UF Fans UF was underachieving :tu:

Cazador

The season is over except for the bowl games. People are disappointed at he records and performances of their teams. There were games that should/could have been won by their team. But it would not change much in the overall numbers of the losses "in conference". TN drops a hail mary pass and GA gets a win. An SEC team still has a loss in conference. The non conference losses are where it really shows the strength of the conference as a whole. Look at SCN's thread on strength of schedule. 7 teams from the SEC in the top 25 hardest schedules. 6 in the top 17. Yet only 12 non conference losses. A majority of those by a couple schools.
Like I said. The SEC beat up themselves. The numbers don't lie. The SEC is still the best conference in the land.
From SCN's post.
http://stats.ncaa.org/reports/toughest_ ... e?id=15122

Latest posts