Derby

Displaced_Vol

Anybody got picks? Still studying here, I am no handicapper by any stretch but I haven't kept up with any of the prep work this year.
Hope the weather holds out and for a good race with no controversy this year. Regardless I'll bet some money, drink some woodford & enjoy the day.

Displaced_Vol

I'll bet the triple crown every year and a handful others the other 10.5 months.

No clear cut favorite this year, makes it more fun IMO

Gravey

No idea but was in Louisville a few days last week and lots of folks are nuts about it. One guy was gonna be out of the office from Wednesday on. I typically try to watch it but no idea on horses. We're going to church tonight so will have to watch a replay.

Displaced_Vol

Incredible. Great story and a hell of a finish.

I think they said longest odds to ever win? Of course I didn't have anything hit on the derby but I hit an exacta earlier in the day so that paid for all my other bets. Call it a good day for sure.

Displaced_Vol

More I read about this the better it gets. This horse made it in just under the wire when Ethereal Road scratched yesterday.

This horse was owned by Calumet Farms but sold for $30k last fall. Calumet is the huge farm adjacent to Keeneland that had (maybe still has) the record number of derby wins but hasn't won since the late 60s.

Kirk

My wife and I always pick a horse each just for giggles. She picked #21 because she felt sorrow for the horse having to wait so long be loaded. I picked #10. We both got in the top 3 on our picks. I just wish we had placed bets on them.

Gravey

Incredible. Great story and a hell of a finish.

I think they said longest odds to ever win? Of course I didn't have anything hit on the derby but I hit an exacta earlier in the day so that paid for all my other bets. Call it a good day for sure.
Didn't see it live but just now on ESPN app. Said it was the second longest odds to ever win and didn't get in the field until Friday when another horse was scratched. What a story!

Displaced_Vol

That's awesome. That horse had a whole other gear in him. What's great vantage and the listening to the call when you know what's coming is pretty great.

Latest posts