DER I've been told

HOOK

I was told today by a local that DER is better than turnips to eat. Boil it like spinach or raw on a salad is supposed to be great! I'm gonna try it and see.

hambone

I plant turnips for some folks to pick each year and last year I planted rape for the first time for the deer, and the people quit pickin turnips. The said it had a sweeter taste.

BSK

That reminds me of a funny story. When my ex-boss was working on developing the food plot seed blend that eventually became BioLogic, he sent me many varieties of experimental brassica seed. I had each type of brassica planted in test strips across my food plots. One day my neighbor--who had full access to my property--told me, "I hope you don't mind but my wife and I ate some of your turnip greens." I told him, "No, I don't mind at all, but those aren't turnips. They are experimental plants from New Zealand and I don't know if they are even edible for humans." I thought he was going to pass out.

farmin68

BSK said:
, "I hope you don't mind but my wife and I ate some of your turnip greens." I told him, "No, I don't mind at all, but those aren't turnips. They are experimental plants plants from New Zealand and I don't know if they are even edible for humans." I thought he was going to pass out.

That's funny. Did he mention anything about how they tasted?

BSK

Yes, he said they were great. Later, I tried them myself, both raw in a salad and cooked like greens. They were good.

ferg

BSK said:
That reminds me of a funny story. When my ex-boss was working on developing the food plot seed blend that eventually became BioLogic, he sent me many varieties of experimental brassica seed. I had each type of brassica planted in test strips across my food plots. One day my neighbor--who had full access to my property--told me, "I hope you don't mind but my wife and I ate some of your turnip greens." I told him, "No, I don't mind at all, but those aren't turnips. They are experimental plants from New Zealand and I don't know if they are even edible for humans." I thought he was going to pass out.

LMAO :D :D :D

Now THAT's funny -

ferg....

Latest posts