Deer urine in the snow.

sc8point

20220117_133427.jpg

What would explain such large spots of deer urine. You could smell it all over the plot.

younggun308

2-Step Enabled
FWIW, from Field and Stream:

Not quite sure if the track you're on belongs to a buck or doe? Look for yellow snow. Does stop and squat to urinate, leaving their mark behind an imaginary line connecting the back of the rear hoof prints. Bucks often whiz on the move, dribbling urine as they go. When a buck does stop to urinate, he shoots a yellow hole into the snow a little forward of that line. Bucks are also more likely than does to defecate on the run, leaving a line of pellets. –B.V.

Antler Daddy

Back in my younger days, I used to buy deer scent every year. I hate to know how much I spent on it. I also would save urine from a deer bladder when I could and freeze. My parents somehow allowed it to stay in the freezer.

One year, we had a big snow/ice storm. I got the idea to follow the trails and scoop up the yellow snow and then save it. I would scoop into a plastic bag and then drain into a milk jug and then allocate to a soda bottle. I was proud of myself for saving money.

Later, BSK learned me the error of me ways!