deer movement

buckaroo

Not much going on with me or people I know hunting in our area, with no acorns. Of you that have no mast where are you seeing deer and when. I'm trying to calculate where to take my daughter on the juvy.

catman529

take a shotgun, you will have 6 deer in the field and 2 stop at 10-15 yards to check you out. Only con is you won't be able to shoot em. Happened to me turkey hunting yesterday, while my bow sat peacefully in the truck.

catman529

also movement has not been very consistent for me this year. some days deer move some days I dont see a darn thing. plenty of acorns and other food.

Austin95

I think I just found a sweet spot. I've seen deer past 3 time. On a regular pattern - coming in same trails. Eating acorns on the way to a field. I'm about 80yards away from field.

WORM82

I'm in NE TN too and have no acorns. This week with the cooler weather I been getting trail cam pics and seeing deer from 9am thru 12pm.

catman529

Austin95 said:
I think I just found a sweet spot. I've seen deer past 3 time. On a regular pattern - coming in same trails. Eating acorns on the way to a field. I'm about 80yards away from field.
get on their trail, I bet that's a honey hole. I'd be something like 10 yards from the trail. I like to set up close. That way if they pass by before you can draw back, they are still in range. And if you get to shoot right when they pass, it's a chip shot. Just aim slightly under the deer with a bow at 10 yards. Learned that one myself. :eek: