Deer Movement Question

UCStandSitter

I have not seen a deer all day. We have 10 cell cams out and haven't got a deer pic all day. Even the birds aren't moving or chirping. It is DEAD today. They gotta move tomorrow. Right?
Same here. Been a pretty dead week honestly. Only a handful of does

EDIT: Just had a lone doe run in front of cam

Last edited:

deerhunter10

Logically yes realistically no. Deer are Logical lol. On a serious note very odd huntes this morning and run a lot of cell cams and had a decent sit this morning and have had deer moving on 2 different farms all day. But it is by far the craziest season I have ever seen for movement. Days that should be good are but some days that shouldn't at all have been very good for us.

Lost Lake

I have not seen a deer all day. We have 10 cell cams out and haven't got a deer pic all day. Even the birds aren't moving or chirping. It is DEAD today. They gotta move tomorrow. Right?
Hopefully so. I'm seeing deer everywhere in Williamson and Rutherford counties. It's almost like someone has flipped a switch.

The big one that almost creamed me was after does. He had it on his mind.

megalomaniac

I'm in Starkville this weekend. 1st rut should be starting this week. Mid 70s today, have seen 1 spike on 7 hours on stand today. Tomorrow can't be worse.

Ski

Just checked cams this afternoon on two different properties. Both cams show plenty movement but significantly less chasing & rut activity than last week. I too noticed several does were stopping up to smell and rub their faces on scrape vines. One actually squatted & peed while doing it, so I'd say get ready for another wave.

Andy S.

It is crazy how farms in the same region can be SO DIFFERENT on the same day. My cams were extremely active this morning from 5-9AM, and steady most of the afternoon. Mainly does/fawns/small bucks, but I did pickup a nice 3.5 y/o 8 point and a new 3.5 y/o buck.

cbhunter

Spur I was driving on interstate between jackson and lex exit around 4pm (prime time). I must have looked in 60-70 fields. I seen one field that had deer in it. There was between 10-15 there
Bean fields
Corn fields
Green fields
Slightly grown up fields

AJared

I had two eating in my yard 20 yards from the house at 0630 this morning, and a 6 point chasing 2 does at 100 yards from the house at 0700 a few days ago.

bigtex

I learned a little about Deer behavior yesterday evening.
It had been raining off and on all day. Around 2:00 the sky lightened up and the rain stopped. I was getting tired of sitting around the house so decided to go sit in a shooting house looking over a small food plot. Got settled in around 2:30 and out popped 6 slick heads. They fed for over 30 minutes then the sky opened up and it poured the rain. I figured the deer would head to the thicket to get out of the rain but they just froze in place, stood still as statues until the rain slacked off then went back to eating.

Bushape

Was a little delayed hitting the woods this morning with the rain. My lease is 5 miles from my house and I saw lots of deer movement on my way around 630. Saw a doe and fawn from my stand over 3 hours. Got out and scouted a bit and saw several in cutover. No big bucks. No bucks with does. Saw one 3 point grazing by himself.

megalomaniac

I left the woods and moved to the edge of a foodplot at 430 yest pm... ended up seeing two 2.5yos, 3 does, and 5 more deer deep in the woods off the plot. Only 1 2.5yo and 2 does actually entered the plot.

So basically dead all day for me yesterday except for the last 15 minutes, then the dam broke loose

Latest posts