Deer Killed statistics

MattR

Alright, there was a forum asking how many deer you killed,seen, and how many times you went hunting. Here are the stats from it. Also, the sample is pretty low at only 31 people. So the averages are pretty high. This tells me that the poeple that get on this site, ecspecially at this time of year, are not your average hunters. We are hunters that think about hunting enough to get on this site and tell everyone about it. My friends, we are the dedicated ones.Also, this is not exact, it is going by peoples word, no hard data.

* We seen at least 1500 deer, that is an average of about 50 per person in a season. I think that this number is a little low. Not many people keep up with how exactly how many deer they see. But still that is an average of 1-2 deer per hunt

* We went hunting around 1050 times. The average hunter that posted went 34 times in a year, not bad.

* Now the fun stuff, not everyone provided buck/doe info but there were 170 deer killed. That is an average of 5 deer per person. Also there were 48 bucks killed and 84 does out of those that provided the info.

Pretty interesting stuff. Very small group but hey, take it for what its worth.

Shed Hunter

Most people joined the forum because they are serious about hunting. Strangely, I have noticed some guys on here avoid the deer related part of the forum.. even the trail camera section. I don't get that but oh well.. sucks for them lol

Rockhound

Master Chief said:
Most people joined the forum because they are serious about hunting. Strangely, I have noticed some guys on here avoid the deer related part of the forum.. even the trail camera section. I don't get that but oh well.. sucks for them lol

Yep for me its seasonal, while I have turkeys on the mind you will hardly catch me in any of the deer threads, but after season I start drifting that way.

easy45

I didn't participate in the survey because honestly I didn't keep up with how many deer I saw but it wasn't very many, guess I could have put deer killed but I have no clue how many days I hunted but once again it wasn't very many.

MattR

easy45 said:
I didn't participate in the survey because honestly I didn't keep up with how many deer I saw but it wasn't very many, guess I could have put deer killed but I have no clue how many days I hunted but once again it wasn't very many.

Of course, :) not many people keep count. I think most of it was estimates, I know mine was. I think it is pretty cool because the average hunter I know persoanlly does not hunt any where near the amount that the average hunter on here does. I dont see how it is possible for some of these guys to have that much time in the woods. My wife would kill me and my work would fire me

Hunter 257W

I sure don't keep up with deer seen all through the season so didn't try to report that number. Even if I did track that info, the number would be a lot different if I reported all deer seen on a hunt vs the deer seen while hunting. What I mean is that I typically jump several deer getting to my spot and may not see any deer while actually hunting.

knightrider

MattR said:
easy45 said:

Of course, :) not many people keep count. I think most of it was estimates, I know mine was. I think it is pretty cool because the average hunter I know persoanlly does not hunt any where near the amount that the average hunter on here does. I dont see how it is possible for some of these guys to have that much time in the woods. My wife would kill me and my work would fire me
I work like a dog from jan to oct excluding turkey season :grin: sick or not im at work, and last week of October till season ends I hardly work which I thank GOD for having such a great job!! ohh and I take my wife with me she loves it as good as I do!!!! this is how I get so much time to deer hunt ;)

-DRM-

Will this be tracked this season too? I will gladly record days hunted and deer seen and killed... I tend to be a records nerd anyway, lol.

MattR said:
Alright, there was a forum asking how many deer you killed,seen, and how many times you went hunting. Here are the stats from it. Also, the sample is pretty low at only 31 people. So the averages are pretty high. This tells me that the poeple that get on this site, ecspecially at this time of year, are not your average hunters. We are hunters that think about hunting enough to get on this site and tell everyone about it. My friends, we are the dedicated ones.Also, this is not exact, it is going by peoples word, no hard data.

* We seen at least 1500 deer, that is an average of about 50 per person in a season. I think that this number is a little low. Not many people keep up with how exactly how many deer they see. But still that is an average of 1-2 deer per hunt

* We went hunting around 1050 times. The average hunter that posted went 34 times in a year, not bad.

* Now the fun stuff, not everyone provided buck/doe info but there were 170 deer killed. That is an average of 5 deer per person. Also there were 48 bucks killed and 84 does out of those that provided the info.

Pretty interesting stuff. Very small group but hey, take it for what its worth.

The original question was:
How many deer killed, passed, and days hunted.

I did not answer buck/doe OR how many seen because that was not the question.

MattR

[/quote]

The original question was:
How many deer killed, passed, and days hunted.

I did not answer buck/doe OR how many seen because that was not the question.

[/quote]

Its all good, :) I was just using what was provided.Some people gave it some didn't.

MattR

Yea if I could have it back I would of for sure killed more than what I did. I think 5 is a good number as far as meat goes. Over here in med Tn you have the 3 doe a day thing, very easy to fill the freezer.

Yea we do have it good. I mean for me, if you and your family are eating what you are killing, then no problem with killing in higher numbers as long as your legal.

knightrider

i have found with my family of six that 12-15 fits the bill just right so thats what we strive to accomplish so we run out of meat right as or just before the next season begins.

-DRM-

I killed 7 last season, and passed on waaaaaay more. For my family, 7-9 is about right as far as meat for a year. I can't remember the last time we bought ground beef, lol.

Beekeeper

MattR said:
easy45 said:

This was meant to be a fun survey. While there are people that keep a log of how many days they hunt, how many deer they see, the temp., the weather, the different sizes of deer they see and any other fact or condition that can be tracked there are far more that can give a very close estimate as to the days they hunted, what they saw and should know exactly what they killed. I have always wanted to keep a log or diary for a hunting season but it seems that about the first or second week of the season I forget about the log and only think about the hunt!!!

I hope everyone has a good season this year and, whether or not they log their hunts, one that they will remember forever!

Ed

DirtyBear0311

Poser said:
DirtyBear0311 said:
I must need to do something drastically different because I ain't seeing close to as many deer as y'all see.

In Madison Co? You should be seeing deer. How many acres you hunting?

I just moved over this way and almost exclusively hunted bark camp barren wma over near manchester. I've only been hunting for a few years and am really just kinda figuring things out on my own. I'm slowly getting the hang of it all but I still only see a few deer a year.

DirtyBear0311

Poser said:
DirtyBear0311 said:
Poser said:
DirtyBear0311 said:
I must need to do something drastically different because I ain't seeing close to as many deer as y'all see.

In Madison Co? You should be seeing deer. How many acres you hunting?

I just moved over this way and almost exclusively hunted bark camp barren wma over near manchester. I've only been hunting for a few years and am really just kinda figuring things out on my own. I'm slowly getting the hang of it all but I still only see a few deer a year.

You'll get the hang of it. Experiment with hunting different spots, using different tactics and different times of day.

Yeah that's what I've been trying to do. I'm slowly but surely getting there

Latest posts