Deer in Cooler

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
I average a week. if its warm outside. a week most . When it's freezing outside a little longer. keep a thermometer in in the lid and check the temperature .

Wolverine72

so many variables... assuming your vigilant about keeping the ice packed etc, I'd not go longer than a week. a few years back i started freezing gallon and 1/2 gallon milk jugs and using those in the coolers. for me, this seemed to keep the meat more stable and less likely to get water logged. couple weeks if you're fortunate enough to have access to a refrigerator with space

double browtine

I usually leave deboned meat in the fridge for at least 14 days @ around 35-36 degrees. Then I trim, vacuum seal, and freeze it. This is for meat that I am going to either season or marinate and grill. If I am going to grind it, I usually just leave it in the fridge for a week and then trim, grind, vacuum seal and freeze.
I did use the cooler method once, but only because I didn't have an extra fridge at the time. I only left it in there for a couple of days.

megalomaniac

Same for me. Last one hung for 7 and steaks were superb
No doubt, hanging is WAY better! The bucks the kids killed last Sat have been skinned, quartered, and placed on a patio table in the shade to dry age the past 5 days. Didn't even refrigerate them, never got above 55 deg