Deer drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
tn24

tn24

Is deer driving [human, no dogs] legal in Tennessee? Chuck Swan WMA is the only place I can find that lists it as a prohibited act.

S

scn

Supporter
Sorry, but the link to the Proclamations is not up right now due to some site maintenance so I can't check the WMA Proclamation.

It is a question that likely is best answered by the Area Manager for the WMA. There is a miscellaneous regulation (1660-01-14-.13 (f) that could be broad enough to be an issue:

Acts of disorderly, obnoxious, or boisterous conduct, including acts that interfere with
the orderly process of hunting, are prohibited. Violators shall be removed from the area
and/or prosecuted. When an individual is convicted for a flagrant violation(s) or
repeated violations of regulations governing management areas, the Executive Director
shall at his discretion bar said individual from all management areas for a period of up
to two years of date of written notification.

I'm guessing that if I was in a stand trying to hunt and someone was conducting deer drives right on top of me that I would certainly view it as interfering with the orderly process of hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.