Deer #17 Weakley county checked off 45/95

Deer Assassin

Got it done Sunday morning. I hunted a property Dustin (rem 270 ) has permission to hunt but has never actually hunted still to this day. I hunted it last year about got the truck stuck and found a tree I really really liked but had a bunch of brush and limbs. Greenworks 40v pole saw is the greatest thing since slice bread. I trimmed it up had views up to 1000 yards but saw nothing.
Fast forward to this year sat night he put me on a different property he though I would have a better chance. Saw 3 dogs and smelt a lot of chickenpoo from the farm next door but saw no deer.
Spent the night in martin had taco bell for dinner …………….. bad call
Got to my tree Sunday morning climbed the 5 feet off the ground and as light broke I noticed some things were different this year. There was some grown up stuff in the corn field blocking my 300 yd view to one corner. All the crap I trimmed kinda grew back a little bit only could see to about 7-800.

I was kind of unhappy so I climbed a lil higher to like 8 feet. And just sat there thinking …. If I was half as good hunter at ole catman id be deadly. Then I looked up and saw mama and sweet n tender. Dustin gave me the green light to brown and down. Mommas was in the corner fixing to cross property line at 100 yds . There was all sorts of brush in the way, I said WTH bam the dang bush started shaking wood chips flew. For the record you cant shoot through brush. Then in almost 20 years of deer hunting I saw something I have never seen. Momma ran over to lick and check baby out because that is what I shot at She licked neck and shoulder (kill zone) I chamber another round stood up to get better shot. She bolted to other property. Sweet n tender just stood there then bam flop went to the ground. I was done by like 6:50 something. Climbed down shortly after as taco bell was wearing on me . I am convinced that the 162 hndy a max is the baddest bullet ever especially at 3067 fps mv from 491- 50 yds drt every time even behind the shoulder shots at 360. Exception at Zach Markus place in lawerence county I had one go 60 yds great blood trail and hit it a lil back.
It is killer….. disclaimer not a "meat saving " bullet . Exit holes wild.
I was glad to have picked that tree my self last year and got it don't this year.
Good times great people dead deer county checked off a lot of miles but so worth it.

Rem 700 7saum stainless
Zeiss v6 5-30x50 mildot
162 amax re25 3067 fps
107 yds

enhance

enhance

rmmonty32

Deer Assassin":2hvqwpxk said:
rmmonty32":2hvqwpxk said:
Nice... have u been to blount or monroe counties yet?

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

blount took 4 dang years lol but i enjoyed the farm i got to hunt. I killed my record smallest deer/doe there though it tastes so good too

Monroe no sir
Cool just curious

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Latest posts