deep fried trout?

catman529

with some rainbow trout strips cut up and put in the freezer, and more to come in the next few days, I am wondering who has breaded and fried them like catfish and if they are good that way.

Rowdy

Pan fried, is the only way I like my fish
For most, I just dip'em in a egg wash and coat it with "Shake n Bake" (for chicken) and fry in butter.

Dodge Man

We caught some over the weekend and I butterflied them and just pan fried them and they were great!

I just started with a cornmeal mix and seasoned it with black pepper, seasoning salt, and garlic powder. I just washed the fish off and patted it dry a little and put it in the cornmeal mix. It stuck good the the fish on both sides.

I just put enough oil in the pan to cover the bottom and cooked the fish on each side for a few mins till it started to turn brown. They came out great! It is the best way I have had trout before.

catman529

Sounds good, I used to pan fry my fish when I was younger and less experienced with cooking. Might be the reason I don't like eating bass, maybe I should try it again sometime.

A

Anonymous

These all sound good. Guess I need to get out and catch a mess of trout!

Dodge Man

0129111729.jpg

0129111737.jpg

BUCKYJR

Are yall filleting the trout? I cleaned mine whole (excluding the head and tail), but we are hating the bones! My fish were stock mostly so they werent large enough to fillet anyway. Any suggestions?

catman529

I just fried up some trout that I pulled out of the freezer a couple days ago. I took the fillets and cut out a thin strip of flesh where the Y bones were, so I got strips of fish, 2 strips per fillet which was 4 strips per fish. And they tasted great breaded and fried. Will do again.

Dodge Man

I cut the head off, cleaned them out and them cut down both sides of the back bone from the bottom all the way to the skin. Kind of butterflied them open and I only found 2 or 3 bones total out of the 2 I have cooked this way so far. I kept the tail and fins on them, I liked them when they are crisp and crunchy! :)

Sawgrass

Dodge Man said:
I cut the head off, cleaned them out and them cut down both sides of the back bone from the bottom all the way to the skin. Kind of butterflied them open and I only found 2 or 3 bones total out of the 2 I have cooked this way so far. I kept the tail and fins on them, I liked them when they are crisp and crunchy! :)
Thats pretty much the way I do it too, except I leave the heads on. I don't pay no attention to them looking back at me.....lol

Dodge Man

Sawgrass said:
Dodge Man said:
Thats pretty much the way I do it too, except I leave the heads on. I don't pay no attention to them looking back at me.....lol

Here is a web site that shows how to do it. I leaver the tail on but other than that this is how I clean them to pan fry them.

http://www.blwc.com/how-to-take-the-bon ... -trout.htm

Latest posts