deep fried quail !!!

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
These were some of my culls from the first batch that I have started raising. I have a little over 100 with 64 more eggs getting ready to pop this week In order to check my young breeders fertility. As soon as I get everything in order I'm gonna set set a couple hundred just for the freezer.
And these turned out better than I had hoped for!!!!!
IMAG0825.jpg

IMAG0766.jpg

20130614_182232.jpg

IMAG0832.jpg

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
I have never eaten wild quail. Bobwhites just arent around here in the numbers that people would hunt them much. That being said , these are coturnix quail and it was very good!!! The kids even loved it

huntinkev

Looks good.

There is a place in Dickson that has quail on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. They do taste a little bit different than wild quail but are still good.

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
Price depends on the age or if you want eggs. And how many you want. I have some that are 4 weeks old . These birds are laying eggs and mature at around 6 weeks old so they are ready to eat at the same age. Price of eggs are 100 for $25, day old to one week are .75, 1-4 weeks old $2 , 4+ weeks $3.25.
I don't have anything much right now as I'm just getting my breeding stock started. If you want some just pm me and we will see what we can do

beechnut

TITANSFAN2104 said:
Price depends on the age or if you want eggs. And how many you want. I have some that are 4 weeks old . These birds are laying eggs and mature at around 6 weeks old so they are ready to eat at the same age. Price of eggs are 100 for $25, day old to one week are .75, 1-4 weeks old $2 , 4+ weeks $3.25.
I don't have anything much right now as I'm just getting my breeding stock started. If you want some just pm me and we will see what we can do

How much are the fried ones?.... :D

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
beechnut said:
TITANSFAN2104 said:

How much are the fried ones?.... :D
Lol... !!!

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
timberjack86 said:
Do they courtnix quail taste different than bobwhites?
I have never had a bobwhite. Alot say bw has a whiter meat although these are not really dark meat. The downfall of bw is it takes 6 months to reach maturity/freezer whereas the coturnix is 6 weeks

timberjack86

TITANSFAN2104 said:
timberjack86 said:
Do they courtnix quail taste different than bobwhites?
I have never had a bobwhite. Alot say bw has a whiter meat although these are not really dark meat. The downfall of bw is it takes 6 months to reach maturity/freezer whereas the coturnix is 6 weeks
Yeah I have raised and eaten the courtnix quail but not the bobwhites. I don't even know if they[bobwhites] are legal. You don't sell any hatching eggs by chance do you?

Latest posts