December weather in April

Andy S.

32 degrees, damp, overcast, and a stiff wind of 10+ mph in my neck of the woods. Forecasted high in the low 40s here this afternoon.

What is it like where you are?

ZachMarkus

Andy S.":32s0l0qd said:
Congrats Zach......they didn't gobble where I was at, but, I wasn't setup 70 yards from one either. That makes a big difference.

Thanks bud, and yes it does, that wind was rough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

deerfever

Best morning I have had! Heard several and one left in my truck! Birds are getting right!

REN

Dude I almost literally froze this morning wow. I haven't been that cold in a long by time. I wouldn't have been able to shoot one had I seen one anyways due to violently shivering for an hour lol

Setterman

Worst weather I've ever hunted in. 31 degrees blizzard like conditions high in the mountains. Birds gobbled well on the roost, hit the ground and silence. Normally I would've sat it out waiting for a gobble, but decided my life was more important. I was frozen when I reached the truck. If I see a weather man around town we are fighting, since this is their fault. Lol

Bgoodman30

One of the few mornings I can remember when I really wish I slept in... I haven't been this cold in April in like ever.... I did hear him drum on the limb and the boss hen yapped for a sec..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Setterman":2eq1oce9 said:
Worst weather I've ever hunted in. 31 degrees blizzard like conditions high in the mountains. Birds gobbled well on the roost, hit the ground and silence. Normally I would've sat it out waiting for a gobble, but decided my life was more important. I was frozen when I reached the truck. If I see a weather man around town we are fighting, since this is their fault. Lol

:rotf: wish I could have seen ya when you got back to the truck :tu:

Cold keeps the googans in bed.

Setterman

poorhunter":2u43jhlq said:
Setterman":2u43jhlq said:

:rotf: wish I could have seen ya when you got back to the truck :tu:

Cold keeps the googans in bed.

I've never been so happy to see my truck. My feet are still cold and I've been home for almost 2 hours. Brutal and wish I never got out of bed

REN

Haha same here I kept thinking "this is stupid I should have stayed in bed" then an hour later I was so cold I had enough. My hands were totally numb and my face was so frozen my nose was running everywhere and didn't even realize it till I got to the truck hahah

Southern Sportsman

My face was so cold that my jaws didn't open and close properly, so a mouth call was a struggle. But my hands were useless, so a slate call wasn't really an option either.

Latest posts