Dead Zero outing

MUP

Took the WinMag out for some continued testing with some 220 gr Nosler Custom Competition bullets today. Found a couple of promising loads with good MOA , SD and ES. Will be going back for verification as soon as I can get back out there. Also shot the Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 CM. Did well out to 600 with factory Hornady ammo, exceptionally well for a new rifle not even broken in yet. Here's the WinMag load I think might be a good one.

Attachments

• IMG_20210306_103214562.jpg
    IMG_20210306_103214562.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 118

backyardtndeer

Great groups. Both the creedmoor barrels I load for seem to like the 140 to 147 grain pushed by 4350 really well. One of these days I will stretch out a little, but for now will have to settle for my limit at about 300 yards.

Did you remember your shoulder saver for the win mag this time?

MUP

Great groups. Both the creedmoor barrels I load for seem to like the 140 to 147 grain pushed by 4350 really well. One of these days I will stretch out a little, but for now will have to settle for my limit at about 300 yards.

Did you remember your shoulder saver for the win mag this time?

LOL no, it was so cold and windy I had on plenty of layers to deaden the blow! :D

Paleopete

Thank you for posting this MUP. Can't wait to break in my custom .284 Winchester and this information is useful. Jim Borden ( I am using a Borden Ridgeline) also recommends the H4350 powder for a hunting rifle. What scope are you using on the CR? The balistics are similar in terms but I think I'll get more FPS & Energy along with a bit more stability in the wind that the 7mm bullet provides over a 6.5mm bullet. I am hoping to have the project ready to fire and break in in April . Have settled on a scope but still haven't pulled the trigger to order it yet so curious what you and others are using as I want this rifle to have an effective killing range out to 600+ yards and be accurate. Thanks

Paleopete

Thank you.....I have settled on a Meopta Optika6 3-18x50 DichroTech BDC 30mm SFP Riflescope 653635 since the trajectory of a 6.5 Creedmoor is very close to a .284 Winchester and so probably as close as I'll get to a scope matched to the rifle..The Vortex you have gives me a great reference point to go off of suggesting I am on the right track......I also wanted to have as low a power as possible like 2.5-4 power since I expect most of my hunting shots will be in the 100-300 yard range where the lower powers are more stable. I am hoping this will be a deadly accurate rifle I can use to take virtually all game with that I will ever go after. I also love the challenge of a clean, one shot, instant kill if I have it or a solid Chest cavity if I don't so why accuracy rather than bullet weight and stopping power interests me.

MUP

Btw this particular setup is intended as a target rifle and I have no plans to use it for hunting. The WinMag however has been designated my long range hunting rig, and it only has a Nikon 3.5 x 20 x 50 PS7 30mm tube on top of it.

Latest posts