dang wish it was cheaper

WTM

looks like humminbird and garmin may have done some patent swaps. garmin announced their "new and improved" UHD transducers a couple of weeks ago and now this. i just wish garmin would up their screen resolution a bit on their 9" models like humminbird and lowrance.

F3BAA37E-D742-4A89-B20A-CD23D7B3C30F.jpg

blueball

looks like humminbird and garmin may have done some patent swaps. garmin announced their "new and improved" UHD transducers a couple of weeks ago and now this. i just wish garmin would up their screen resolution a bit on their 9" models like humminbird and lowrance.

View attachment 61301
Cost,who cares about cost,lol.If it helps me put fish in the boat i usually have to get one.Wonder how wide the cone angle will be on the forward view.Garmins is pretty narrow,birds will have to be narrow to compete,just my opinion.

WTM

Cost,who cares about cost,lol.If it helps me put fish in the boat i usually have to get one.Wonder how wide the cone angle will be on the forward view.Garmins is pretty narrow,birds will have to be narrow to compete,just my opinion.
lol yeah but im cheap.

humminbird is usually secret about their ducer specs but looking at their overview i would take a wild guess that it would be about the same. i just dont see the point of using a 500-1100khz signal with a wide angle beam. even then the waveform for livescope is not like a traditional 2d cone, it may start at 20 degrees and get a little wider, say 10 -15 feet but then it halves and quarters past the half power point.

go buy one when they come out and do a review for us. ;)

blueball

lol yeah but im cheap.

humminbird is usually secret about their ducer specs but looking at their overview i would take a wild guess that it would be about the same. i just dont see the point of using a 500-1100khz signal with a wide angle beam. even then the waveform for livescope is not like a traditional 2d cone, it may start at 20 degrees and get a little wider, say 10 -15 feet but then it halves and quarters past the half power point.

go buy one when they come out and do a review for us. ;)
Probally wait and see,definately not wasteing any money on something that doesnt work.The garmin works so it would really have to be good for me to change.Im cheap too,but when it comes to knowing 100% sure your fishing were fish are at its definatly worth it.

TNReb

I'm really interested in seeing this. I had the LiveScope, but got rid of it and bought the Mega 360. That was pretty nice, but it didn't really help me catch fish. It was great for seeing grass lines and structure thought. I got rid of it and went back to the LiveScope. The LiveScope is just really great for actually seeing the fish and bait - especially crappie (although I don't crappie fish a lot).

Latest posts