Dang turkeys

pic

Finally got my seeds in the ground on Sunday/Monday. Get home from work yesterday and 4 hens are in my garden and had scratched up 50% of my 30x40 plot.

Corn, beans, carrots and rat-tail radishes tore up.

JCDEERMAN

Yup...had that problem last year. With the deer as well. Sorry to hear.

I just got done putting up a fence on Monday, and tilled/planted Tuesday.

The fence was fairly cheap. 7ft X 100ft netting for $17.95 at Lowes. I also sunk 8ft 4X4's as posts. They were $5.95 a piece.

That should work as I know turkeys dont like crossing fences.

Good luck

catman529

Can you get a permit to kill the hens if they are invading your garden? or is it not worth it...

Find a taxidermy coyote and put it in the middle of the garden :D

JCDEERMAN

catman529 said:
Find a taxidermy coyote and put it in the middle of the garden :D

I thought about that :D . I have also heard of people putting a huge fake snake in the middle of a garden where it can be easily seen.

Deck78

I had to put up a fence at my place as the deer and turkey population is out of control. As soon as I had tilled the ground it was tore up with deer and turkey sign. I put up a 6 ft wire fence with room left to run wire up to 7 ft if need be. The deer haven't jumped the fence yet but there is already a trail around the entire fence line with fresh tracks every day now. Got an owl on the 4 corner fence posts. I'll try to post pictures this weekend if I get some time. I still got to plant a few more rows before I can call it a garden!

pic

I have a couple of dogs that basically lay around and wait for someone to get home. Turkeys don't phase them but for some reason if they see a squirrel on the ground, in a tree or flying on a jet they go bananas.

Latest posts