CVA Scope kit!!

cecil30-30

I bought one of those cva scope kits from walmarts about a month ago and i mounted it and this past weekend went to sight it in and it was all messed up.The windage and elevation adjustments was backwards and when it would respond to clicks it would sometimes move 1 in or 12 inches.I wasted 2 packs of bullets trying to sight that dang thing it.So i advise everyone to not buy this scope.I was reading a review from basspro on the same scope and one guy had the same problem that i did.Can anyone recommend a good muzzleloader scope?

jakeway

I like shotgun scopes for the longer eye relief, and having the parallax set for shorter distances like 75 yards. I have a older model Simmons 2.5X20, which I used to use on my 12 guage when I lived in a shotgun-only state, and I love how it looks and feels on the gun. If I was buying new, though, I think I'd get something like a Leupold 2-7 Rifleman or a Cabela's Alaskan Guide. Maybe one of the lower-priced Nikons. I'd stay away from Tasco, BSA, and anything under $100.

sisko

I probably have an over kill scope on my muzzleloader, but I use a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40. You can pick up a new one on ebay shipped to your door for around $125 or pick one up at Bass Pro for $150 plus tax. I have 4 of these Nikon Prostaffs. IMO I beleive they are one of the best scopes for the price.

CHRIS WILSON

I purchased one of those scope kits a few years back to put on a mz. It lasted 4 shots and then the windage and elevation would shift with each shot. I took it back and purchased something of a little better quality. Lesson learned. Currently, I've got a Bushnell Elite 3200 on my KRB.

cecil30-30

CHRIS WILSON said:
I purchased one of those scope kits a few years back to put on a mz. It lasted 4 shots and then the windage and elevation would shift with each shot. I took it back and purchased something of a little better quality. Lesson learned. Currently, I've got a Bushnell Elite 3200 on my KRB.
Leason learned indeed!You get what you pay for.

pass-thru

sisko said:
I probably have an over kill scope on my muzzleloader, but I use a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40. You can pick up a new one on ebay shipped to your door for around $125 or pick one up at Bass Pro for $150 plus tax. I have 4 of these Nikon Prostaffs. IMO I beleive they are one of the best scopes for the price.

If it's not overkill on a centerfire rifle, why would be overkill on a muzzleloader? I have a Nikon Monarch 3-9X40 on my omega and it drives tacks out to 200. The main advantage to better scopes is better light at the beginning and end of the day.