Sold/Expired CVA Mountain Rifle .50cal

FrontierGander

Gorgeous Maple stocked CVA Mountain Rifle .50cal with 1:66 deep rifling twist (Patched balls only) 32" barrel length and 15/16" barrel flats. Rifle balances beautifully with the thinner barrel than does my 58cal Hawken with the 1" barrel flats.

Factory rear sight with adjustment screw (up & down)

For the barrel finish,I took an idea from an old Remington .22cal rifle that I have. The barrel was originally blued but due to age, the bluing has turned a plum brown with some traces of bluing here and there. I wanted this rifle to mimic that barrel and so I first plum browned the barrel, knocked it back with steel wool and applied a bluing agent over the brown which damn near imitated that old Remington barrel. The bore is clean with no rust or pitting, Rifling is crisp as you can see in the picture.

Triggers are double set and HAIR triggers. No adjustments were needs on the lock or the trigger setup.

German silver patch box and wedge key plates.

NO crack in the stock anywhere guys. The stock was finished with LMF nut brown and walnut stain, hand ribbed Truoil was also used for the finish. I have Aprox. 15 thin hand rubbed coats. This took me a few days to do to prevent that plastic feel when someone OVER USES Truoil. It does not have that cheap plastic feel to it.

I also have installed a Brand new #11 Stainless steel nipple. Hammer to nipple alignment is as good as anyone could ask for.

$375 Shipped to you door. It will be hard to find a Mountain Rifle as nice as this one.

IMG_2662.JPG

IMG_2663.JPG

IMG_2620.JPG

50 yards, 80gr Goex 2f, .0490" round ball, .020" patch and Mr.Flintlock Patch lube.
IMG_2343_zps6ce29e7a.jpg

jakeway

Bump for a great looking rifle. You did a super job. My first ML was one of these I built from a kit back in the last century. That was also one of the best shooting guns (short range) of any rifle I ever owned. It was great at deer, and also 25 gr of FFg and a .490 ball was good for squirrels and completion shoots if distance was 25 yards.

FrontierGander

In my hands, 150 yards on deer. Elk, its better at 100 yards and below. Ive been wanting to get into longer range shooting for 200+ yards on elk, so I built a 58cal hawken.

FrontierGander

Thats 50 yards. Shows the load above the target. I never tried anything else with it since that load shot so great. First shot on a clean bore is always a little out of the group as most muzzleloaders are.

Snake

Bump on a nice looking rifle , I have one almost like it . Mine came from the factory with a browning instead of bluing imitating the old mountain rifles . I have had several try to buy it just to put it on a rack over s fireplace .