Curt Maggitt reflects

Gravey

Hillbilly Hunter":10fm6d8o said:
Awesome read and an awesome guy! The fan part of me hopes he comes back next year, but In the end, I hope he does what is best for him.
I agree and the way he kept saying things in past tense tells me he's gone. He got me hungry though talking about apple butter. Mmmmmmm that stuff is good.

TeamMainStreet

Hillbilly Hunter":1g5zqczl said:
Awesome read and an awesome guy! The fan part of me hopes he comes back next year, but In the end, I hope he does what is best for him.

I agree Hillbilly. I have missed watching him play this year. The guy seems to be as genuine as they come and he loves Tennessee. Has a big heart as well. I will be good with whatever he does and wish him nothing but the best.

I do find this tweet interesting though.......

@wesrucker247: #Vols' Curt Maggitt: Every kid's dream is to play in the NFL, but I love this place and won't leave until I have to.

I took this pic at the homecoming game, the same seat I was sitting in at the Oklahoma game when he was hurt.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,189

scn

This kid is a class act and has been a cornerstone in turning around the "culture" up on the Hill. Even though they didn't make it to Atlanta this year, it has been nice not seeing their players in the newspaper for the wrong reasons on a regular basis. Leadership from Butch, players like Curt, and help from local LEOs (our own GNB) may have the pendulum swinging in the opposite way it was going. That is refreshing for a UT grad who was tired of being embarrassed by their antics.

I hope Curt gets a shot at the NFL as his character at the very least will make any team better. But, even if his football days are behind him, this kid will be a winner at life.

PalsPal

scn":3kl619mo said:
This kid is a class act and has been a cornerstone in turning around the "culture" up on the Hill. Even though they didn't make it to Atlanta this year, it has been nice not seeing their players in the newspaper for the wrong reasons on a regular basis. Leadership from Butch, players like Curt, and help from local LEOs (our own GNB) may have the pendulum swinging in the opposite way it was going. That is refreshing for a UT grad who was tired of being embarrassed by their antics.

I hope Curt gets a shot at the NFL as his character at the very least will make any team better. But, even if his football days are behind him, this kid will be a winner at life.

Well said!

There is the possibility that he could petition for a 6th year, but if he is able to play, he needs to take his shot at getting paid.

Maybe he can return as a coach in the near future!

TeamMainStreet

The foundation is set... Tennessee football is back... Thank you so much for the memories the past 5 years Tennessee! I will truly miss everything about being a UT football player! I will always be a VFL! -AlphaMaggitt

:super: Thanks for the memories Curt. Good luck.

Latest posts