Cumberland Trail

Ruff Hunter

Just got wandering if anyone has done any of this Trail??.... If so is it marked well? I know it isn't complete yet but I think the idea of a State Trail is really cool!!... It's on the bucket list!

Buzzard Breath

I've hiked the northern Catoosa and the Frozen Head sections. Both of those were very well marked.

I've really considered doing section hikes from Cumberland Gap south thru Frozen Head. I haven't been able to find anything updated on the trail conditions for the section from Cumberland Gap to LaFollette. It was open at one time but from what I understand had a bunch of trees come down that were never cleaned up. I turkey hunt this area and have been meaning to check it out. Just don't think about it while there.

Sucarnochee

Did the laurel snow section few weeks ago. Very nice hike and not very crowded. Have hiked the section close to Soddy many times as its only about ten min from me. It's usually pretty crowded and if you do it on wknd arrive early because they usually close parking lot when it fills up. Really enjoyed the laurel snow hike. Plus there is a cool abandoned mine close to trail head. I hear it's full water not far in.

Latest posts