Clingmans to Goshenprong Trail

AT Hiker

I lacked 2.2 miles from completing my 240 mile section hike of the Appalachian trail from Springer Mountain Ga to I-40 in the Smokies. So a couple weeks ago we went East and knocked that out along with some other nice "high-country" hikes to escape what heat we could. Not much success in the escaping heat relam...

Hiking is tough work but riding is exhausting

White blazin family style

Our little girl "mean mugging"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7mminatree

Nice pics. It's to bad you couldn't make it this next week coming. They're forecasting lows in the upper 40's and highs in the upper 70's.

AT Hiker

Thanks. I love sharing our family outdoor adventures and I like hearing about others just as much.

That future forecast looks awesome! But this beardless dude and Mr Trealtree are embarking on our own adventure.

Buzzard Breath

Cool trip. How in the world did you skip that section? Drop down into Elkmont before getting to Clingman's? I bet the temps were nice and cool while you were there.

AT Hiker

Buzzard Breath":2f7ybocx said:
Cool trip. How in the world did you skip that section? Drop down into Elkmont before getting to Clingman's? I bet the temps were nice and cool while you were there.

Crazy story but what happened was I started feeling sick around Rocky Top so I decided to hike down into Gatlinburg via Goshenprong Trail. I got into some real bad "skeeters" at Fontana and of course my mind started wandering and I was thinking I had west nile or some death diseases and I didnt want to die on the mountain.

So instead of hiking the 2.2 miles on the Clingmans Dome and hitching a ride down I decided the most logical thing to do was hike to Gatlinburg, yes that was a long walk down.

Two days later I went to a walk in clinic and they tested me for the flue, someone how I caught type B flue. Relieved because I wasnt going to die from West Nile, yet confused because how in the heck did I catch the flue in July hiking alone 90% of the time[emoji53]

Once feeling better I started back at I-40 and hiked back towards Clingmans, which left me that little 2.2 mile section untouched...

Yes, I am the moron that hiked up from Fontana and up from I-40 into the Smokies, like Tred Barta I do it the hard way.

Latest posts