Cruff log: 11/10/10, 5 more squirrels

cruff10

Wow! Another short hunt and another great hunt. My little dogs are getting better and better everyday I take them out. After deer hunting this area and seen how many squirrels were running around I knew I had to take the dogs out. We entered the woods at 4:15 and left at 5:55. The dogs were treeing one right after another. Staying until we get there and shoot the squirrel then move to the next. Farthest away they treed was 186 yards away. On average was 125 yards away.

We treed 9 total and killed 5. 1 was in a nest, 1, hit the ground and went into a pine tree, another was treed in a pine, and one went to a den. The rest stuck on the sides of the trees and in forks.

Great hunt! This will be my last one until December. Now it is time to kill a big buck!

2010-11-10180858.jpg

2010-11-10181127.jpg

thejedi

Great hunt, but its a good thing those dogs can't see the picture you put on here of them. You might want to fire the photographer. :D

cruff10

Already fired...LOL we treed one right at dark and the dogs didn't want to leave it. We never could see it. So when we finally got back to the truck that was the best I could do. :(

LOL

Latest posts